Sweet Dreams

Virgil had now grown large enough to slide himself into the covers next to Patton in the bed. He was still pretty small, maybe the size of a child he thought, but he could still get closer to Patton without worry. As he curled up next to him, Virgil extended his arm to try and give a hug, but didn't quite reach to his dismay. Instead he thought back to when he was in Patton's hand and the soft, warm feeling he felt from Patton's lips pressing up against him. He wanted Patton to feel the same, but at his current size that wasn't possible.

He would have to get bigger, still he hesitated. If he grew too fast he'd wake Patton up and if he couldn't stop for any reason it would become dangerous. Although, his heart wasn't calming down at the thought of completely embracing Patton entirely. Virgil shifted upwards a bit in the bed and laid a small kiss on Patton's forehead to reassure himself. When he was with Patton he felt so safe. He wanted to protect Patton, Logan, and Roman always. He loved them all dearly as his family. With those feelings flooding his thoughts Virgil began to grow. At first it started slow, but quickly accelerated from his excitement.

He simply couldn't help himself

He simply couldn't help himself. He loved the feeling of towering over Patton and holding him close as his arms and hands touched every ounce of his form in a warm embrace. When Virgil was like this he felt like he could keep Patton safe from anything. It gave him a sense of power and confidence in himself. Although, the sudden growth and creaking of the bed had woken Patton up. It didn't take long for him to notice that Virgil had grown back to a normal size and far beyond as well.

"Hey kiddo, looks like you've grown since I last saw you."

Virgil was surprised, but remained still as the bed continued to creak under his weight. Virgil was a little embarrassed to be found by Patton in such a position, but relieved by his joking behavior.

"Sorry I woke you up Pat. I tried my best not too, but I guess I grew a little too fast."

"It's alright!"

Patton scooched closer to Virgil and stretched his arms out to give him a hug back. Patton's figure was now completely covered by Virgil's form. Virgil's face flushed red in response and he slowly brought his hands closer to Patton's back to hold him even closer. Patton could hear Virgil's heartbeat pounding throughout his entire being as he was pressed up against Virgil's chest. It was a comforting sound he could lose himself in.

"I guess you growing so big was your idea then?"

"Well I did grow back while I was asleep, but once I woke up I did want to keep growing."

"Do you like being big?"

Unlike last time when he felt bad about admitting he enjoyed growing and being big, Virgil didn't hesitate to answer. Instead he held Patton even closer and curled his body around him.

"I do. It makes me feel like I can protect you and everyone from any danger. I felt really safe when I was being carried in your hands earlier and I want you to feel the same when you're with me."

Patton was overcome with joy at Virgil's words. He was thrilled to see that Virgil no longer saw himself as a monster, but as a guardian. Patton worked his way closer to Virgil's face as he pressed his own face against it. He then began nuzzling Virgil's face in a comforting manner. Virgil noticed and titled his head down a bit in order to nuzzle back softly. However, Patton still worried if Virgil could remain big all the time. He definitely wanted him to feel comfortable, but the thought of a mini giant roaming around the realm or even inside the fort was just unrealistic. Perhaps a compromise could be met.

"I'm really happy to see you being so comfortable with yourself now, but I can't help thinking that this size might be a bit too much for daily life. It's already too much for the bed you've outgrown."

"I guess you're right. My legs are technically on the floor and my back is nowhere near the bed anymore. Still..."

"Listen kiddo, I want you to be comfortable and I also like our big bear hug times like this one. So how about we make a deal where you only get this big or bigger when you're with me and for most of the time you can stay tall, but not big...deal?"

"Deal."

"Awesome! Now then, think you could shrink back down to that new size of yours before the bed finally kaputz?"

"Sure."

Virgil closed his eyes and imagined the size he was going for. He wanted to remain tall, tall enough to still pick up Patton from time-to-time and big enough to still give him lots of hugs that completely covered his frame. Virgil rested on 6'10 and opened his eyes to a now astonished looking Patton.

"I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing you do that! Anyway you still seem pretty tall, what size did you set on?"

"I went with 6'10."

"Wow! That's more than a foot taller than me!"

"Really? How tall are you? I noticed the three of you are pretty much the same height or close to it."

"I'm 5'9 actually. So I'm shorter than Roman who's 5'10, but taller than Logan who's 5'8."

Patton yawned as he listed off the trios height. Virgil saw that Patton was still tired from the long night.

"I had no idea Logan was the shortest."

"Uh-huh, he says all his growing energy went to his brain instead."

Virgil gave a light chuckle at that remark as he began working his arms back around Patton. Patton had begun fading in and out of consciousness.

"We should get back to sleep Pat."

Patton was too tired to answer so he just closed his eyes with a slight nod and laid his head up against Virgil's chest. Allowing himself to fall asleep to that all familiar heartbeat. Virgil pressed his face into Patton's hair and whispered him a sweet good night as he too closed his eyes.

To be continued.