Talking it Out

Now we have returned back to present time as Virgil and Patton entered back into the base area with Patton riding on Virgil's shoulder as he continues to slowly shrink.

Patton: "Now just let me handle all the talking, okay kiddo."

Virgil looked visibly worried about how this was all going to conclude, but gave a weak smile towards Patton as his answer. Virgil had decided to trust Patton from now on.

"Good, now let's see whe-"

"PATTON!"

"Found them!"

Virgil stopped in his tracks at the sudden shouting while Patton gave a big wave to Roman who was storming over to them, sword in hand.

"Patton! What are you doing? Get down there this instance and explain yourself and why you brought that back here."

Virgil winced at Roman's tone and choice of words. Roman simply scowled in response as he tried to hide his shaking with vain confidence.

"Now there's no need for that kind of language Roman."

Patton motioned to Virgil to help him down. Virgil laid his hand out flat against his left shoulder to create a smooth platform for Patton to climb on to and gently lowered him down to the ground. He then proceeded to sit on the ground himself and curl up into a ball as to make himself seem smaller. Virgil didn't want to frighten or intimidate anyone, especially Roman, anymore then he already had. Patton noticed this and smiled a bit before whipping his head around to pout at Roman's behavior.

 Patton noticed this and smiled a bit before whipping his head around to pout at Roman's behavior

"I'm really disappointed in you kiddo." Patton crossed his arms to show he was serious.

"Me!? You do see that thin-"

"Virgil!"

"Wha-what are you going on abo-"

"HIS name is VIRGIL! V.I.R.G.I.L."

Patton slammed his left foot on the ground. Roman held his tongue and questioned his next actions carefully. It wasn't every day he saw Patton so serious and upset. He glanced behind him to catch a glimpse of Virgil looking at Patton and then locking eyes with him, only for Virgil to dart his gaze away suddenly and hide his face. From just that small interaction Roman started to understand a little more about Virgil. That he was just as scared, confused, and worried as he was. He stepped back a bit and took a long breathe as he sheathed his sword. Patton's eyes widened with anticipation. Roman then bowed his head deeply.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for my behavior towards you Virgil and being blinded by my fear and pride."

Patton looked like he could cry at how humble Roman was being. Virgil had unburied his face and looked at Roman still bowing towards him. He was surprised and at the same time over taken with happiness.

"I'm so, so sorry for scaring you, I didn't mean to keep this all a secret but I was so scared of what you all would do with me if you found out."

Virgil paused a moment. "Thank you for the apology."

Roman lifted his head back up with a relieved face on. Patton was literally jumping with joy at the beautiful exchange he had just witnessed. This whole moment had really helped Virgil calm down and he was now about 25 feet tall.

"Now we hug it out!" Patton sang out!

Roman and Virgil both shot a surprised look at Patton, but it was already too late. Patton snatched Roman's arm and dragged him towards Virgil who had shifted on to his knees, arms to his sides.

"Patton what are you planning on doi-"

"Virgil! Catch us!"

"What?!"

Then as fast as lightning Patton slipped his hand to Roman's waist and jumped straight towards Virgil's chest. Sensing this action Virgil prepared himself for impact and began reaching his arms around ready to catch the two in a hug. Mission accomplished! Virgil was now hugging both Patton and Roman in a cuddly embrace with his face red as a tomato.

To be continued.