Chapter Twenty-Three

-Newt's POV-

Where the hell did they go? I feel like I've been walking circles throughout the crowd, trying to follow Y/N and Dominic. I get an anxious feeling whenever I think of him dragging her away. The girl was very drunk and didn't know what she was getting herself into. If Y/N had been sober she wouldn't have gone with Dominic. She knows better. Or atleast I hope she does. I stopped pushing through the crowd of gladers and tried to catch a familiar face. I run my fingers through my hair in frustration, which was dampened from sweat as a result of the humid night. Just when I was going to begin looking again I felt a hand turn me around.

"Newt, you have to come," Thomas said as he turned me around, "It's Y/N."

"What's wrong? Is she okay?" I asked. The feeling in my gut deepened.

"She's fine.. she's just.. taking her clothes off," Thomas looked at me to see my reaction.

"She's doing what?"

"Just follow me."

Thomas turned around and walked quickly through the crowd. I kept right behind him and tried to process what he had just said. Of course Y/N was stripping. She was drop dead drunk. And I'd bet money Dominic was encouraging it.

Finally Thomas stopped beside Minho who was standing at the edge of a large crowd. All the boys' eyes in the crowd were looking at the people dancing in the middle. My insides turned to ice when I saw her. She was pressed tightly inbetween other boys dancing. One was Dominic. But the reason I guessed people were staring was because the girl wasn't wearing a shirt. Apparently nobody had felt the need to step in and stop her before I got here. She didn't seem to care whatsoever as she spun in only a black bra (and her pants are still on too of course, don't worry) with the whole of the glade watching her. Except for Alby of course. Who had gone to bed hours ago. I don't want to know how he would have reacted if he saw this scene.

I realize I've been frozen in spot staring at her, when I see Dominic's fingers entwine in her hair as he gets closer. I shake out of my thoughts and quickly walk through everyone dancing and to her side. I keep from looking at her body because it doesn't feel right when she doesn't know what's happening.

"What are you doing?" I ask as I put a hand on one of her bare arms to halt her dancing. "And where's your shirt?"

She laughs, "Oh, hi Newt. I don't know where my shirt is..."

"Right. Of course you don't," I glance aorund the grass for it but there's too many people all around us to see if it's near. Y/N starts to sway again and I realize she's blacking-out.

"You'll just have to wear mine then," I say as I pull my beige sweater over my head leaving me in a tank top. I pull the sweater over her head and take her hand to try to begin leading her out of the crowd. But before I can go anywhere someone pulls Y/N back.

"Come on, Newt. You can't take the life of the party all for yourself," Dominic says.

"Can't you stay..?" Y/N slurs. "I want to be closer to you..."

"Go on Newt, give it to her. She obviously wants it," Dominic smirks.

"If you don't I will," Joe says.

I narrowed my eyes, "She's drunk. Have you guys ever heard of bloody consent-"

Before I can finish Y/N walks up to me and kisses me. I can't help it, I kiss her back. She has her hand in my hair and my hand automatically goes to the back of her neck to pull her in closer. The longing I feel for her is overwhelming but I know this is wrong. It doesn't feel right to kiss her when she's in this state. I push back the desire for more and pull back. I look away from her face and all the gladers are staring at us with mouths wide open. Jealousy lives in most of their eyes but Minho is grinning like an idiot.

When I look back at Y/N her drunk smirk has disappeared and she looks like she's about to throw up.

"Are you alright?" I ask, right before she faints and falls forward into my arms. I was expecting that to happen but was hoping it would happen after we had left.

Dominic and a couple other boys walk over and look at Y/N whos leaning limply on my chest.

"How many times have you guys kissed like that before?" Dominic asks.

I glance at him and pick Y/N up, ignoring the question. "This is your fault you know."

"I know," Dominic smirked, "And I enjoyed every second of it."

I thought of him leaning over her, touching her hair as she danced. I push away the thought and begin to walk away, holding Y/N.

"Oh and about the kiss?" I smirk and say over my shoulder, "It definitely wasn't our first."

I leave Dominic to take in what I said and walk to the homestead. I look at Y/N in my arms who looks flustered in her sleep. I wonder how many more drinks she had when I wasn't with her to stop her.

When I reach her room I push open the door with my back and place the girl on her bed. I draw a blanket over her body and hope no one bothers her when she is trying to rest. I lean over the bed to look at her again. I wonder if she'll ever feel comfortable here. In the glade. Probably not when there's so many guys who all had the same look on their faces when they saw her dancing. And I feel guilty for kissing her back. She didn't know what she was doing. I walk back and out of the room, shutting the door quietly.

The only thing that brought me comfort as I tried to fall asleep was that Y/N would most likely forget everything that happened tonight because of her black-out. She doesn't need to know about how she stripped in front of everyone after getting sickly drunk. I can't believe I let her get that drunk. I will most definitely be keeping her away from drinks in the future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Well. She just got hella drunk. Hope you guys liked that. All of this came randomly as I was writing so there's probably tons of mistakes. Also THANK YOU SO MUCH IM ALMOST AT 700 VIEWS. crazy. love you all....