"You were fooling me?" I ask raising my eyebrow.

"I was teasing you." He says and presses his lips to my forehead as I close my eyes, loving the feel of being entrapped in the warmth of his arms and body.

"Do you need a reminder that this is the exact reason that I denied your marriage proposal?" I say with a megawatt smile.

"That doesn't matter. What matters, is that you ARE married to me... Whether you like it or not. No going back, baby." He says and kisses the tip of my nose as I put my arms around him.

"Is it weird that I don't want to go back?" I say and he chuckles.

"I always thought that your confession of love is the worst." He says and put an inch or two of distance between our faces. I open my eyes and look at his face.

"Your apologies suck even more." He says pointing to the note kept on the bed.

"Why would I apologize? You were the one that screamed at me." I say defending my honour.

"And I apologized the very next moment, while you were the one that kicked away my apology, gave me cold shoulder for a week and then went to your dad's house." He says starting the blame game and I sigh.

"I thought you would be so excited to see the gun that you won't notice what was supposed to be an apology." I say blushing furiously at being caught.

"Is it weird that I'm more excited to see you?" he says and closes the distance between us, resting my head on his chest, just nestling in the comfort of his arms.

"Not for normal people." I say with a broad smile pasted on my face and happy that I was more important to him than an ancient weapon.

A weapon that can't even be used in a fight anymore and the only purpose it serves is that of a trophy locked up for show purpose and testing only.

Take that mom, my husband loves me more.

"I'm not normal. Normal is boring." He says and I laugh.

"I missed your quirky ass." I say looking up at him advancing to kiss him, as his arms around me loosen. My eyebrows furrow in suspicion as his grip leaves my body, putting some distance between us.

"Um... I just want to look at the gun... Once..." He says and I sigh.

Yes, mom was right. I got myself a competition for my husband's attention.

"It's because you gifted it. I need to check it a little and value it..." he says buttering me, stepping away from me and opens the lid properly picking up the gun.

"It seems to be made in the era of..." he goes to ask as I point to the legal documents included in the base of the box.

"There's everything you need." I say and turn to walk out of the room, meet my in-laws properly knowing that I had lost his interest.

"Umm.. Ayra.." he says after me and I turn to look at him in suspicion.

"You wouldn't mind if I called Avinash and we both drove to a safe area to test run this baby?" he says in an overtly sweet tone and I sigh.

He wouldn't care even if I mind.

"No, just be back before dinner." I command and walk out towards the kitchen to help mom and see how Chetan was doing.

I was upstairs talking to Chetan, when Avinash picked up Ambar. Then around an hour and half later, I was setting the dining table as mom brought out dishes when I heard a car enter the driveway followed by Avinash guiding Ambar down the front stairs.