Chapter One - Kidnapped

Start from the beginning

"Your singing just keeps getting better und better, Frau," a masculine, German laced voice said.

You stopped walking and put the bag containing the Atamis stones down. Turning your head to look at the man, you noticed a pair of red eyes staring at you from the darkness.

"Gilen!" you shouted as you ran to the man whose arms were now open wide. The both of you hugged, Gilen trying his best not to hurt you with his tight hold.

"Well, hallo to you too, (y/n)," he said.

You laughed a little at your childish antics and released your hold on your friend. He did the same. A bright smile lit up your face as he looked into his eyes. He looked down into your shining (e/c) orbs and also smiled, revealing a pair of sharp, slightly elongated canines.

Yes, your best friend was indeed a vampire. You knew it was wrong, but you couldn't help yourself when you first met him. He looked like a nice guy when you first saw him in the exact same cave you both currently stood in. You both talked to each other for a while and became quick friends. The second time you met up he revealed who he truly was. He told you all about his life. He told you his true age, which was much older than you thought initially, how many siblings he had, and how he had lost the lower half of his right arm in the war against your kind.

You were a little miffed about him fighting your possible ancestors until he told you that he had lost it as a form of punishment because he was suspected of treason. He had become depressed because he was dubbed as an outcast due to his half robotic arm. You sympathized with him, seeing as though your sixteen year old self at the time was also an outcast of sorts. As the years went on you both continued to meet in the Atamis cave during the day, though in the last year you had only seen each other just this one time.

"Where have you been? I've missed your company," you said in a cheery tone.

"Oh, you know, here, there, und, everywhere in between that," he said with a slight smirk.

"You've been hanging around your brother again," you stated.

"How did you know?" he asked. His eyes shifted to the floor of the cave.

"You seem happier than you were last year."

"I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry for Gil. I'm glad your patching things up with him." An awkward silence fell upon Gilen and you.

"...I know you don't like him, (y/n)," Gilen said, his voice barely above a whisper. "You don't have to pretend that it doesn't bother you when him und I hang out."

"I know, but what he did to you is inexcusable...," you muttered under your breath. "If that was my brother I don't think I would ever be able to forgive him like you have."

"Do you want to know why I decided to forgive mein Bruder?"

"Sure." Gilen took in a deep breath despite not needing to. "I forgave him because I just had to. I know that sounds cheesy frau so stop giggling like a school girl over there," he frowned.

You gestured for him to give you a moment as you tried to muffle your laughter with your hand. Once you had calmed down enough to form a proper and coherent sentence, you smiled up at him.

"I wasn't laughing at what you said. I was laughing at what you have on your head," you said whilst you pointed a finger to what you were looking at.

Gilen carefully put his non-mechanical hand up into his hair and felt around. He found his target and carefully grabbed it. He brought it down to eye level, giving off a slight smile at what he held in his hands. A small baby raven nestled itself into his palm. Its beautiful black eyes and feathers glistened in the dim light that the Atamis stones gave off.