Complicated Retrieval

Start from the beginning

"This is me kissing my girlfriend."

I chuckled at that because he pissed Hikaro off even more.

"I THOUGHT I TOLD MY GUARDS TO LOCK YOU UP SOMEWHERE!"

"Well all of your guards are knocked out. Maybe you shouldn't have had 98% of them in a contained area. Especially knowing that I would be coming for my lady."

"YOU MEAN MY WIFE!?"

I'm sick of this.

"For the last time jackass, I. Am not. Your wife. Oh! We also have his cousins. So there's nothing you can do to stop us from leaving, OR telling Lady Hokage.

Hikaro paused. He began to smile, then laughed evilly under his breath. It was very off putting. I looked at Neji and even he looked a bit uncomfortable.

"What did I say before Hyuga?... If I can't have her..."

Hikaro pulled out a dagger and swiftly threw it into my chest. I screamed so loud. For some reason it burned really bad. I coughed and grabbed the dagger and pulled it out. It was blood running down my chest, which I just held to hopefully at least slow the bleeding.

Neji

I didn't think, I just reacted. I air palmed him through the wall. He coughed and wheezed in agony. I walked over and lifted him up by his collar. I spoke in the most cold voice I probably have ever spoke in my entire life.

"Did you really think that was a good idea?"

He chuckled, which just made me punch him in the mouth. He spit blood on the floor. He gave an evil grin. What the hell is wrong with this guy.

"There's something wrong with your brain. Kidnapping young women you don't even know and forcing their hand in marriage even if that means hurting others in the process. How disgusting can you be?"

"This is how we do it in our family. We pick the women we want whether they like it or not, and by any means. It's been like this for generations. There is no need for love. Just wealth and control. That is all that matters. I wouldn't expect a love sick peasant like yourself to understand."

I shuddered at his statement. It was merely too disgusting to even acknowledge. Generations? It's even more disturbing to think this is something that runs in the family.

"You are sick."

"Neji..."

I heard Tenten's weakened voice behind me. I turned around quickly to see her drop to the floor. Hikaro chuckled.

"Looks like I'm not the only one."

I dropped that idiot and ran straight to Tenten's side.

Tenten? Tenten what's wrong?"

She groaned in pain.

"I can't feel... my legs..."

Hikaro got up and brushed himself off, and spit blood on the floor again, limping towards us.

"That's the poison taking effect."

"Poison?"

"First it causes paralysis. Then it causes the victim to be in severe pain to the point of passing out, even possibly cause comatose. Then lastly, if close enough to the heart, it can cause it to stop."

"I'm going to kill you."

"Go ahead. It won't save your precious Tenten though. That poison will take full effect in 48 hours or less. You'll never make it back to the Leaf in time. So looks like we both lost, hmm? Or... Maybe I'll go for the Heiress instead. I can see why that idiot brat is drawn to her."

I was so enraged. With my byakugan activated I began to get up slowly and walk towards Hikaro. I couldn't think straight. First injuring Ten, then threatening to prey on my cousin? I was just about fed up with this.

"RASENGAN!!!"

Hikaro flew through about 10 rooms before stopping. I presume Naruto heard Hikaro's threat and decided to handle it himself. I believe he is more than worthy of Hinata now.

"He's not touching my wife!"

I turned to see everyone running down the hall towards us. Hinata had her arm around Naruto's neck, using him as support, while Hanabi was sleeping on Konohamaru's back. The rest of them followed behind. Everyone comes up and looks over at Ten who is unfortunately becoming more paralyzed by the minutes. Naruto, understandably, grew pissed.

"What the hell happened to her?"

I picked Tenten up bridal style. She winced at the sudden movement, as she had a wound on her chest.

"Long story short we have less than two days to get back to the Leaf before Ten... we just need to get back there now!"

"I don't think that's gonna happen..."

"What the hell do you mean Sasuke?!"

"We were able to get here fast, yes. But with three injured girls? How do you possibly expect us to move as fast?"

"Then we won't take any breaks!"

"Hn. That's idiotic thinking. Once again. We have three injured girls. We're going to have to take breaks. Stop being unrealistic."

I was pissed but Sasuke was right. It's unrealistic to think that we could possibly move that fast. Damn it! This can't be happening. I looked down at Tenten. Her eyes were closed and she was out of it, but I knew she was still conscious. Her lower half felt like dead weight from the paralysis. Temari then stepped up.

"Don't worry. She'll be fine. I told Sakura about this before we left."

"Troublesome woman. I told you not to tell anyone about it. Why would you go and do that?"

"Shut up. Aren't you supposed to have this high IQ? Sakura is a medical ninja, training under Lady Tsunade herself. I told her just in case something happened, and fortunately for you, she's saved my brother's life from a poison that caused a similar effect on him as it is on Tenten. She's more than capable, and I told her to come alone and meet us at a point half way."

"What a drag. It was a smart call, but you don't need to insult me."

"Yes I do."

While Temari was badgering Shikamaru, I zoned out for a split moment. Though I didn't want Sakura to know initially, I was relieved and thankful for Temari calling that move. I looked down at Tenten, then started walking to exit the palace.

"Well we've wasted enough time. We need to get to Sakura. As quickly as possible!"

Everyone started following behind. Moving as quickly as possible out of the palace and on the way to the meet up spot. Everyone else were conversing about our next moves once we get to Sakura. I was quiet, walking ahead of everyone. I couldn't speak. All I could think about was getting Tenten back to her normal health.

"... Neji..."

"Hush now. Don't stress yourself. Reserve all of your energy Tenten."

She placed her hand weakly on my cheek.

"I... love you... I'm fighting.. for you."

Her hand dropped off my face, and so did a single tear.