Separation

Mono held Six's hand.

He can't believe that she actually pulled him up. He still can't wrap his head around it. She left him last time... he turned into something he didn't want to be... he became a monster...

He shook his head slightly. He didn't need to think about that anymore he'd forgiven her. The story had changed and they were making their way onto the Maw.

They stowed away in a suitcase. Well, not at first...

"I am not getting in that suitcase!" Six exclaimed.

If Mono didn't have his paper bag he would probably place his hand on the bridge of his nose. "Six, this is the only way we can get on the Maw!"

Six sat down to prove her point. "I dare you... try to get me in there."

Mono growled quietly. "Six! The only safe place ... this is the only place we can be safe."

Six looked like she was contemplating her choices. She stood and nodded. "Alright, you're probably right."

Mono smiled though Six couldn't see it. "Great! Let's get into the suitcase."

"Where could I have left it?" A deep voice rang out.

Mono and Six gasped and dived for the suitcase. They closed it and hid under the clothes just for good measure.

Mono was shaking. He didn't like the dark... he remembered... he remembers!

"Ah! There it is."

The suitcase moved with a quick yank and send the contents flying around in the confined space. The suitcase was being thrown around Six and Mono thrown around with it.

They heard muffled voices but could hear them enough to make out a few bits of the conversation.

"No! I know that suitcases get lost here!" The person yanked the suitcase again sending them flying again.

"Don't worry good sir! Your things will not get lost."

Six and Mono heard a sigh. "Fine, just don't lose my things..."

"Of course! You are the guest! We wouldn't lose anything of yours!"

The person gave the suitcase hesitantly, but gave it to the person. The person had a smile in his voice. "Enjoy your stay!"

The person dragged the suitcase with little to no care at all.  He let out an evil laugh. "As if he's ever going to need this again."

Mono looked over to Six who in turn look over at him. They were jostled around before they stopped for a moment. They heard one small huff of a laugh before they were thrown down and felt completely weightless.

They hit something hard and stopped Mono wast the first to get up and move. He opened the suitcase and realized they were suspended on a very small ledge.

"We need to go!" Mono exclaimed making his way to get out of the suitcase.

"In or out?! Make up your mind!" Six shouted back standing to get out of the beige leather box.

Just as she stood the suitcase decided to tumble off of the ledge sending Mono off and Six stuck in the suitcase.

Mono tumbled down further and further losing sight of light the further he fell. Soon he met the ground with a thud and wavered on the edge of consciousness for a moment before losing his fight entirely.

-~-~-

This place was bustling with its laughter... like absolutely nothing was wrong.

Seven didn't like it... he knew they were all in danger... but he didn't want to ruin their fun, so he kept quiet and only told it to his friend Eight. She knew about the dangers... she'd snuck out many times and came back time and time again.

She told him of the dangers of the Maw, their 'home' was full of monsters! Things called Leeches love water and soaked places so she told him to stay away from those places if he ever escaped. Also, about the Janitor. He came in while they were sleeping or to return a runaway kid...(get it) Seven knew to stay away from him at all costs.

Soon, though, the bustling of the room stopped and what replaced it was the ambiance of confusion.

Seven turned around confused as well, to say the least, if they were leaving why weren't the lights cut off.

When Seven looked to see what everyone was looking at he saw a boy standing in front of the electric door.

Seven noted he had a paper bag on his head but was clearly hurt because he had a hand against his side.

He was hurt.

-~-~-

When Mono came to, he realized how hurt he was.

His side was pestering him with pain and he had a ringing sensation in his ears.

He looked around and realized he had landed on a crate. He jumped down, collapsing shortly after. He was weak... he could barely stand, but he had to keep going. Mono didn't know what monsters lived there.

He limped over to a rope that was coming down from a window and fought just to climb the stupid thing.

Once he made it he was spent, but still continued on to find a place to hide.

He walked through the door and looked around, finding a lit up room with kids in it. It was filled with laughter and happiness, but he couldn't go in it was electrified and he couldn't get through.

Mono turned around to possibly find something he could hide by when the noise of laughter stopped. He turned again to see kids crowding around looking at him. They whispered amongst themselves making Mono feel worried. He found a box full of things and dragged that to the corner where they could no longer see him.

He curled up in the shadow of the box and laid their for a moment before hearing someone call to him.

"Psst, hey!"

Mono peaked out to see a boy in a blue shirt at the electrified bars.

Mono, wary of this boy, hid away slightly.

"Here." He said calmly, throwing a piece of bread through the bars.

Mono peaked out once more to look at the bread. He slowly limped his way over to the small bread, grabbed it, and stuffed it into his coat.

He looked over to the boy. "Thank you."

The boy looked surprised but smiled. "You're welcome."

//

Fa da~

Finished this within the day! Heck yeah!

I have had and increased love for this dumb little game and I decided I'm going to make a fanfiction about it.

I have taken inspiration from @unusually_freakish their story is called Don't Worry and I have fallen in love with it! Go check out their story!

Anyways... see you soon! Bye!

Word count - 1,108