𝗶𝗿𝗹

your pov:

i went across like every shop, and nothing interested me, all i got was a pair of bear earrings.

i realised i also had to EXIT from the parking lot entrance, which literally freaked me out.

i knew louis was still going to be there, hopefully with someone distracting him this time.

i was making my way to the escalator and out the automatic door that welcomed me into the parking lot.

it was unusually cold in the parking lot for some reason, i honestly don't even know why louis was here skateboarding if there were cars constantly crossing by, putting him in danger.

why am i even giving a fuck about louis? anyways..

i was walking out of the parking lot and i luckily didn't see him, i was so relieved when i left the parking lot.

since i didn't really get anything, i went to my local cafe which i always went to.

as i entered the cafe, the bell absolve the door rang.

i became really good friends with the workers here, since i come here to study sometimes or even just to talk to them.

i went to the stool which gave me a view of what was going on behind the checkout.

"hey girl!" laura started, one of the workers there.

"hey laura!" i said.

"cappuccino?"

"you know it!" i say, cappuccinos are my way to go.

my favourite.

as laura was making me my coffee, i decided to take out the earrings i got from my pocket, and opened them.

laura approached me with my coffee, placing it to my side as she took a long glance at my earrings.

"woah" she said after a while, not taking her eyes off of the earrings.

"do you like them?"

"of course! put them on i gotta see what they look like.

"mkay!" i say as i put it on my ear.

when i put them on, i rushed a bit, since i had to pay for the coffee.

laura always gave me discounts, which was literally the best.

i took out £3 and handed it to her.

"thanks!" she said as she went to the cash register and placed the coins in one of the small boxes.

i took a sip from my, well warm coffee which had a heart pattern on top.

"fix the earrings; they're a bit... crazy looking." she said as i browsed air into the coffee because of the laugh i let out, causing the coffee to slightly spill.

"LILLY" she shouted, immidiately laughing uncontrollably.

"you fix them laura it's not like i have eyes by my ears.

"alright!" she said, patting her hands on her apron before helping.

as she was helping me, i heard the bell go off, meaning someone has either left or came in.

it made me jump a little which made laura laugh.

"hello!" she said.

this meant that someone has came in.

"right other side" laura said.

i moved my head to know face the entrance.

mhm, exactly what you thought. louis.

i immidiately looked away from him, accidentally catching eye contact.

"hurry up" i said, tapping laura's head, letting her laugh.

"hold on let me fix it in a second." she said, before leaving to serve louis.

i used my bag to lean my phone on it, as i turned the camera on to fix the earring myself.

when i did, that was exactly when laura has come back.

"oh my gosh they're so pretty!" she stated, making me harshly smile and blush.

"thank you!" i said as i closed off the camera and put my phone in the bag.

i saw a cup place itself on the counter next to me, as someone cleared their voice, before pulling the stool and settling down on it.

laura looked at me, confused and worried at the same time.

i gave her a nod of approval, completely regretting it as soon as i turned to louis, causing laura to walk off to clean the countertops which had old coffee stains.

"listen.." louis said, calmly.

"i want to know what i can do, in order to gain your trust back into me, and to be friends again."

"i thought we were going to be more than that" i said plainly, my mood completely changing.

(tw)

"look i-i'm so sorry i was hesitating so much, it seemed like i still loved evie, but please understand that i don't, listen would you still love or talk to someone who has emotionally scarred you and verbally abused you? would you be friends with someone who has nearly killed you and your family? tell me" louis said, slightly raising his voice, but not to the point where the whole cafe could here.

"n-no.." i said, startled by what he's just mentioned.

he just looked me at me, waiting for me to do something.

i was confused, what was i meant to do, who was he referring to?

i had a think, until i realised we were talking about evie.

"she's done this to you?" i said, whispering.

louis just curled his lips inside his mouth as he looked away and placed his elbows on the counter, resting his hands on his face.

"mhm.." he said calmly.

leaving me speechless.

"i-i'm so s-sorry.." i said, looking down at the counter, holding back tears.

i've never felt so much sympathy for anyone, but when i heard what louis mentioned, it completely broke me.

i looked over at louis again to find him slightly sobbing.

"louis come here." i said as i got off my stool and broke his hands apart, before sliding them on my shoulders to hug me, as i hugged him.

i rubbed his back, to make sure he knew he was going to be okay, as he sobbed into my arms right there, in a silent cafe, in the middle of a boring day, which i earlier despised because i saw him, but now loved when i saw him.

he pulled away after a while, wiping his tears.

"s-sorry i-"

"louis don't apologise for something you haven't done or been guilty for."

i felt way too bad.

"come on, let's go make this day brighter.." i said, smiling as he weakly smiled back as well.

"let's finish our coffee first" i said quickly, sitting back into my stool.