Chapter 21: Gossip

It's the morning and Athanasia's mood is great. Glimmering with excitement and light, the eager smile that cannot be held back. She hummed a lovely song that conveyed her current spirit as Lily brushes and styles her hair quietly. Athanasia has never been this perky.

Speaking of which, although the princess seemed to be unbothered and cheerful. Athanasia is still worried about Lily's state as the nanny stays calm and expressionless. Ever since that incident, Lily did not open her mouth about it nor did Athanasia when they had the chance. Just like now.

It's tranquil and peaceful. However, this demeanor cannot last forever, and sweat rolls down the side of Athanasia's face. Anxiety has returned despite the fact that Lily is staying silent and doing her job.

She cannot hold it any longer.

"... Lily" Athanasia lets out a soft voice and her lips quiver nervously.

"Yes, princess?"

"Erm... About that time."

"Hm?" Lily hums, lifting her head and facing Athanasia in the mirror. The question flew over her head as Lily grins widely. "That time?" Suddenly it finally clicked and is reminded of seeing the princess lingering with the warlock passionately. Lily cleared her throat and her expression darkened seriously, putting on a poker face and speaking in a coherent tone. "... What about it?"

"Uh. Can you possibly... keep it a secret please?" Athanasia requests shyly, tapping the tips of her fingers and lowering her head sheepishly.

"Don't worry, I haven't told a single soul nor voice it out" Lily smiles but with a grim expression as she goes pale. "I'm just... surprise that the princess has a partner though I must admit I had suspected it since the beginning"

"Sorry for not telling you"

"It's ok, Your Highness. It's your own private business and you're a grown woman too" Lily reassured and Athanasia let out a relieved sigh, a smile is back and a bright aura soon sprout.

It's not as huge and triumphant as the first time but it's better than a gloomy presence. Lily continues to work on the princess's hair, preparing her for a tea party. Her very first one and she's the host. Inviting the nobles that admired her. Of course, there's always that faint feeling of uneasiness that makes her queasy. It's normal to be like this when she's going to have a close group conversation with ladies her age. Friendships!

She always wonders what it's like to have a normal friendship with someone her age. Now she'll get that chance!

Meanwhile Lily hides her emotion through a straight face as she continues to style the princess's hair. Regarding secrets, Lily is good at it and didn't judge their relationship much. She only questioned how far they're in after witnessing that hot and steamy kiss that got interrupted. If that's only one time, just imagine what other things they have done. Lily could not envision it properly and shook it off. Getting the princess ready for her first tea party.

~ Athanasia POV ~

19 years of living life and within just 1 year, it had changed so much. I didn't expect to receive honor, respect, affection, power.... And many more. And now, I'm making friends as I sit at the circle table with young ladies my age that talk freely and chat with kind words.

Wow.... I'm more different than I thought.

"Have you heard of the new infamous designer shoes published recently?"

"The lonely Count remarried! I didn't think he would find love again!"

"When is your birthday? I want to know if we're compatible"