Chapter 10: Light

It's just her usual day in the town where she finishes her shopping and goes to the back alley. A spot somewhat like transportation back to the tower even though she doesn't know where it is exactly. Magic is simple and complex but sometimes too vague. She only needs to imagine the place inside her mind and her body would magically go there.

What used to be an empty dark alley that is hidden from anyone's sight would have company one day when she finds a familiar group of men sitting around. Thinking fast, she would leave the alley the moment she saw them and try to find another hidden spot to teleport to. If only she can just disappear in public without causing a scene. Of course, there will always be that one person to witness magic amongst the crowd.

Likewise, she would come back another time and find it empty. Though it was too suspicious and ended up discovering another alley to disappear in.

Who knew she would be caught coming back and appearing right in front of them? Nobody and she panicked, exposing herself and only alluring them more.

As the woman once told her. People aren't so kind, some are losers, some are rude, and others are just straight-up scumbags.

~ Athanasia POV ~

It's cold and stinky. I'm sore and restrained.

This is bad...

I could hear the echoes of the creepy laughter coming from what should sound like the other side. Possibly another room. I can't tell if I'm blindfolded like this.

Damn it! How did it come to this?

All I did was teleported in front of the group and they managed to apprehend me. I inflicted many spells that would burn, scratch, and other stuff to them! Damn it, if I wasn't such an idiot and just fled instead!

My flight-or-fight brain really does make the wrong choices in some situations.

For all I know at that moment, I used up all my mana like an imbecile and they captured me with a single cloth over my mouth. It's obvious they're skilled in this because I can hear their conversation betting on women. Ugh, it's repulsive but I can't let my anger out.

I have to find a way to escape and run away. My hands are tied behind my back and my mana is low. Thank god I'm blindfolded or else they would've seen my jeweled eyes....

I flinched and stopped thinking for a moment after reminding myself of my jeweled eyes.

Wait.

If they saw that I match the descriptions of the runaway princess that "poisoned" her sister, wouldn't they go for the reward in turning her in? Logically thinking, I'm sure the price for me is very immense and great that would guarantee a life of riches considering the emperor's love for her. However, that's a flaw.

If they turned me in, I would be executed straight away. Obelia has a team of powerful wizards assisting the empire so it's no surprise if they find a way to stun my magic....

Ugh no time to think that. There has to be another way then.

Maybe when my mana is full enough then I can just teleport out of here. Ah, but I'm not that advanced to cast spells using my mind. I need my hands. How do I get them-...

A disturbing idea came into my head and all it gave me was fear. I feel nauseated and even my stomach grumbles as a result unless I'm hungry but I feel like vomiting from it.

These criminals are human traffickers and once I get... sold and.... Meet my buyer... Ugh, it's not that hard to get my hands free. I'll just play along and pretend....