014

P R E T T Y G I R L , P R E T T Y V O I C E

· •

𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄

Baby you're the highlight
of my lowlife, Take a shitty
Day and make it alright...❞

Nari sighs to herself, her nails tapping on the cafeteria table she was sitting at roughly as she nibbled on her straw nervously. Jugyeong, Sooah and Soojin were all eating their lunch contently while talking, usually Nari would be laughing along with them but she couldn't at the moment, her nerves running too wild for her to even think about joining the conversation. 

She had taken Seojun's advice a week ago to heart and ended up signing up when a surge of adrenaline and confidence hit her, but after she realized what she did and found out that you can't back away once it's made official her whole face quickly fell, the color draining from it. She had a song ready and she was confident she would nail it but that doesn't mean she can do it in front of people!

Squeezing her eyes shut when another embarrassing scenario of her failing on stage popped up and screamed in her face, Nari couldn't help the small whine that left her. Grabbing the girls attentions immediately, they all laughed quietly at the brooding girl.

"Ari, you'll do great." Jugyeong smiles, "You just have to take a big breath and than sing your heart out!"

"Easier said than done.." Nari sighs, "I'm going to go up to class for a second, I think I left my headphones upstairs, I'll be back quickly."

The girls nod at her, waving comfortingly at the nervous girl as she gets up and throws away her plate, her drink still in her hand. Waving at them, Nari walks out of the packed cafeteria and into the hall. Truth is, Nari didn't forget her headphones, in fact Nari can't go anywhere without her headphones but she really needed to be alone at the moment. Just thinking about performing in the talent show had Nari feeling as if she was stuck in a small room with no way out and she hated feeling like that.

Rushing to the bathroom as her breath quickened rapidly, Nari immediately stood in front of the sink, giving the girls who waved cheerfully at her a quick but polite smile. Looking at herself in the mirror, she put her hand against her chest and began taking deep breaths that eventually slowed the fast beating of her heart. She had finally calmed down a bit, no longer feeling like she was cooped up in a tiny room.

Her palms were still trembling but it was better than nothing, right?

Tucking her hair behind her ear, Nari looked at herself in the mirror for a few moments to make sure she didn't look suspicious before pushing the door open with her shoulders and making her way back to the cafeteria, not noticing the mullet haired boy watching her walk back to the cafeteria with a slightly concerned look while accidentally disregarding his best friend who was on a rant about who knows what.