008

S C R A P E D K N E E S

· •

𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 

Baby you're the highlight
of my lowlife, Take a shitty
Day and make it alright...❞

Sipping on her banana drink with wide eyes, Nari scrolls aimlessly through her phone before she looks up when Jugyeong starts speaking from the other side of the cafeteria table. "That kid Han Seojun seems kind of scary." 

Sooah hums as she nods her head cutely, "He does have a bad boy image." Leaning in, Sooah begins to whisper. "There's a frightening rumor that he didn't just take time off, But he was suspended for almost killing a kid in a gang fight."

Jugyeong's eyes almost fall out of their sockets in horror when she hears Sooah's silly rumor. "Really?"

"Yep."

"What are you talking about?" Soojin asks from beside Nari, "He took a leave for family reasons."

"And if that was true he would've been expelled." Nari adds matter-of-factly with a titter, "You don't just get a suspension for almost killing a kid, Sooah."

"You never know." Sooah whines at the two girls childishly, receiving a laugh from everyone. As the day passes on Nari get's more surprised by the rumors that surround the sweetheart she had met weeks ago, but she guesses that your school self isn't always the same as the real you. She's avoided him well for the first day and he has yet to even notice her presence since he was so busy due to it being his first day back, she just hopes that it stays this way. 

"Look at that table over there, those are the angel transfers." Some guy whispers to his friends as they scoop food onto their plates.

The kid next to him smiles eagerly and nods as they look over at the table Nari and Jugyeong are sitting at. "Yeah, aren't they pretty?" 

Stopping in the middle of pushing her spoon in her mouth, Jugyeong looks over at them with wide eyes. Nari chuckles quietly as she sips on her banana shake and watches the nervous girl. 

"Awesome, they even eat pretty.."

"They're both in the same class too.."

"Wah, their class is so lucky."

Sighing, she puts her chicken down and cuts it into pieces before elegantly eating it. Nari shakes her head with a smile, admiring the girl. "Jugyeong."