"Huh, I was taught that window shopping was the fact that you can only buy what's in the window display. Isn't that why it's called 'window shopping' and not 'window browsing'?"

"I... actually don't know. We'll have to ask Kevin."

"Anyway, these were expensive but I'm so lucky! Not only were they in my size, but they're the last ones in the store! They won't get another shipment of them until next year!"

"Woah, that is lucky. Why don't you try them on?"

"I can't."

"Why not? There's a bench up ahead."

"Because. It's the rules."

"It's... what?"

"I'm not allowed to have anything I bought that I actually wanted until the next day." Mitch recited. "It's the rules."

"Wait, you actually bought that?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I? Did you not see the shopping bag with the large box inside of it?"

"No, I see it. I'm just surprised you actually spent money on them instead of convincing someone to give it to you for free."

"Meh, I didn't feel like it. I was too excited. Oh! Isso me lembra! With boots this amazing, I need an amazing outfit to go with them! So now I need to do some actual shopping. Later!" He yelled, then he ran off.

"Bye..." She muttered, knowing he didn't hear her.

With a sigh, Kirstie turned and continued window shopping by herself.

Back at Kevin's house, he and Todrick were looking at the old TV, trying to figure out all they'd have to do to fix it. Just as they were brainstorming a list of things they'd need, there was frantic knocking at the door followed by a lot of ringing from the doorbell. Kevin got up and opened the door, ready to yell at the person, when he saw who it was.

"Oh, great! You are home. Glad I didn't have to break in." Mitch said, pushing past him and running up the stairs.

"You could've just called me!" Kevin yelled after him.

"Don't have your number!~"

"What's Mitch doing here?" Todrick asked. "I thought he was window shopping with Kirstie."

"I guess he's done, but I don't know where Kirstie is."

"Mitch! Where's Kirstie?"

"She's still out!" Mitch answered before jumping back downstairs. "And speaking of out, I'm going out again."

"But you just got back?"

"Yeah, but I came back to drop off my boots and grab some cash."

"You mean the stolen cash from the bank?"

"Well, duh. Now I can finally use some on me and not some estúpido plane tickets, or hotel rooms, or any of that junk. I finally get to spoil myself... Oh! By the way, these are my beautiful boots! I just bought them and they're amazing, so now I'm gonna go find an outfit to go with them!" Mitch explained, showing them the box and sitting it on the couch.

"Okay...?"

"I'm leaving them here so don't touch."

"Alright, we won't."

"I'm not sure you guys truly understand, so let me reiterate." Mitch turned to stare at them. "If any of you even think about touching my boots while I'm gone," He paused to give an innocent grin. "I'll slit your throats in your sleep. BYE!!!~"

Kevin and Todrick stared at him wide eyed as he turned and skipped out the door. It was quiet until Todrick broke the silence.

"He scares me."

"He shouldn't." Kevin told him with a chuckle."I'm sure it's just empty threats."

"I don't know about that, Kev. He seemed pretty serious."

"Don't worry about it. Now, where did we leave off?"

The two continued making plans for the TV for the rest of the day. Over time, everyone came back and they warned them about Mitch's threat. It was dark outside by the time Mitch came back in the house, his arms full of bags.

"Hey, need some help?" Kevin asked, reaching out an arm.

"Don't touch!" Mitch said, immediately slapping it away.

"Okay, sorry."

"No one is allowed to touch my stuff until tomorrow, and even then you have to ask me."

"Why are you so worried about someone touching your stuff?"

"I'm not. But I know on the off chance someone does touch my stuff and actually end up ruining it, they'd bring up that I never said they couldn't mess with it."

"So you see it as, better safe than sorry."

"Yep! I keep them safe now so no one's sorry at a funeral."

"O...kay. Uh, do you want something to eat? Todrick and I made dinner."

Mitch was about to wave him off when his stomach grumbled.

"Fine. I'll grab a quick bite."

He put his bags down on the stairs and joined the others in the kitchen. An hour later, everyone was full and chatting about their day. Feeling bored, Mitch brought his bags upstairs and got everything ready for the next day. It took a while, but he finally managed to fall asleep, feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve.

The next morning, Todrick was the first one up. Or at least, he thought he was. When he went downstairs, he saw Mitch sitting in the living room, hugging the box of boots close to his chest and looking out the window.

"Mitch? What are you doing up?" He asked, confused. "I thought you liked sleeping in."

"I do, but I'm waiting for the sun to rise." He said, not looking away from the window.

"Why?"

"I can't wear my boots until the sun comes up. It's the rules."

"You must really like those boots." He chuckled, moving to the kitchen to start making coffee.

He couldn't see all of it because of where Mitch was looking, but Todrick could've sworn he started smiling. It was small, but it was still there.

"I'll let you see them after I put them on."

"Have you been asleep?"

"Yeah, I slept for a few hours. I'll sleep more tonight."

Todrick smiled to himself as he kept making the coffee. He liked this Mitch. He could tell he was tired, but he seemed more at peace. Less sassy and actually holding a conversation.

They talked for a bit more until the first few rays of sunlight peeked through the window. Mitch had a full smile on his face as he got off the couch and finally opened the box. Todrick just watched as Mitch lifted the boots out of the box with the amount of care you'd give a child.

"Olá linda~..." He whispered to them.

Mitch sat back on the couch and slipped the first boot on. His eyes seemed to sparkle as he grabbed the other and put it on too. He was completely silent as he stood up and got a feel for them.

Mitch carefully took a step. Then he took another. Then another, then another, then another. Soon he was walking with a slight skip in his step, and it didn't take long for him to start twirling around the living room with his eyes closed.

Todrick chuckled to himself as he watched Mitch dancing and spinning in his own little world. After hearing from Kevin what happened in Puerto Rico, he hoped Mitch would stay in a good mood. The coffee maker beeped, indicating his coffee was ready. Grabbing his cup, he started making one for Kevin and waited for everyone else to wake up.

~*~*~

A/N I don't really like how I ended this chapter but JUST WAIT for Ch. 50 😇😇😇😈😇😇😇 Anyway, let me know what you thought in the comments! I love you all and don't forget to boop that little vote button with your nose! BAIII!!!!~