Chapter 25: Final answer

Start from the beginning

"Wendy-ssi. I-I don't g-get it... If this is here, then what's this you're wearing? Don't play with me now." He looked at me dead serious in the eye.

We were at the highest point of the Ferris wheel now and it was supposed to be a romantic moment, but I just had to ruin it all.

Withdrawing my hands from his grasp, I regained my composure and spoke.

"Oppa, I'm really sorry for hurting you so much... I know that you have been always there for me and I'm aware that you like me a lot. But I'm just sorry for not being able to return the same feelings back to you. I have spent days thinking over and over again of my choice and I finally got my answer. And this is my final answer to you", I raised my hand to match my eye level, with the bracelet dangling around my wrist.

"This was from Mark oppa", I said it.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

-
-
-

"Are you looking for this?"

I looked up with my teary eyes, only to find Mark towering before me and dangling something in the air.

My bracelet.

"Oh my, why are you crying?", he immediately knelt down beside me and brought me in for a hug when he saw my face.

"MARK!", I embraced him tightly and rested my head on his shoulder while crying more agitatedly.

I thought I have lost it. I thought I would have lost you...

He lent me his shoulder for some time and caressed my hair gently.

"Uljima...", he whispered into my ears.

When I finally stopped crying and was withdrawing from his embrace, he held my face and wiped my tears off with his thumb.

Our faces were just a few inches apart now and we were staring into each other's eyes. Slowly closing the gap between us, he leaned in and kissed me. It started out sweet, soft and tender but once I started returning it, it grew passionate and it seemed as though we were hungry for each other.

After sharing some moment of intimacy, our lips finally parted and he let out a soft laugh while I just smiled back at him.

He then lifted up my wrist and secured the bracelet around it once again. He was smiling widely all the while and when he noticed that I was laughing at his silliness, he gently flicked the tip of my nose.

"Now, you owe me an explanation. But save it for later. Let's head back to the others first."

"But Jackson-", I recalled that I asked him for help.

"I will inform him."

He held my hands and led the way out.

When we finally arrived at the van, the others were all seated inside already. I could see GOT7's manager staring at us and I quickly retrieved my hand from Mark's and got onto my seat first.

"I saw that."

"Oh shut up Jackson."

-
-
-

My phone vibrated as soon as I got into my room.

From: Mark oppa

Are you safely back at your dorm now? :)

I laughed out loud at his message.

Wasn't he the one who saw me in? And besides that, his dorm is just directly opposite mine, so why is he asking such a redundant question?

After thinking for a while, I started typing.

To: Mark oppa

Yes. I'm safe and sound so stop thinking too much already. Go to sleep, it's late.

He replied within a few seconds.

From: Mark oppa

But you got me hyperventilated for today. I don't think I can sleep already. Actually, do you wanna head out now? I haven't hear of your complete answer yet... :P

I blushed at his reply.

Ne, I believe that he did deserve an explanation for today since he was the one who found my bracelet in the end.

Grabbing a coat from the shelf and putting it on, I went straight to GOT7's dorm to find him.

-
-
-

We are now strolling along the streets, hand in hand and we did not have to worry about the paparazzi as it was late in the night.

I am definitely enjoying each and every moment I am spending with him right now and the fact that my contract is going to be up in one week's time was pushed off my mind.

"So why me?", Mark suddenly stopped in his tracks and looked at me, smiling.

"Because I trusted my heart?"

"Mwo?", he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Someone actually told me to follow my heart and it brought me to you."

I recalled that day's conversation with Guk Joo unnie, Youngji and Jackson. Their words enabled me to piece everything up.

I have always see Mark as just an idol before that I did not even consider myself to actually fall for him. We started out from a fan-idol to oppa-dongsaeng relationship and it was then I realized that there is now a difference. We are friends in real life now and anything is possible. Everything eventually became a dream come true for me when he confessed and it left me flustered. This was because I have to consider the dating ban that Jinyoung hyung specifically stated in my contract. He had shown understanding to me once over Jin and I, probably because it did not involve any artists from JYPE, but I decided to take advantage over him once again. I decided to give it a try after what Jackson had told me.

We can always date secretly.

Although I'm not sure about Jinyoung hyung's reaction if he finds out this time round.

I told Mark everything and he sounded so touched by my confession that he brought me into his embrace again.

"Oppa, thank you so much for loving me", I said.

He kissed my forehead.

"And thank you too for sharing the same answer as me, Wendy-ssi."