max oneshot

REQUESTED?

yes []
no [✔️]

"it's max."

the first words i heard from her angelic voice. geez, i wish i could come out to more people.

my friends are the only people who know. mike, dustin, will, lucas, and el. they're the only people who make me feel like i belong. they're the only ones who know, since they're trustworthy, and won't judge me.

but wow, just wow. everything from her red hair to her badass appearance.

"hello? earth to y/n!" my friend, dustin, screeches.

dustin tells me the plan. he wants to stalk the new girl.

great, she's gonna kill us.

the boys are talking as max walks towards the stairs. mike says something about girls not being good at video games, so she couldn't be madmax.

he earned a hard glare from me for that one.

"...sorry, y/n/n." mike says, scratching the back of his neck.

as max climbs the stairs, she crumpled a piece of paper and threw it into the trash can. the boys quickly ran to the can where she threw the piece of paper.

~time skip to season 3, max and el's sleepover~

"I REPEAT, CODE RED!"

"shut. up." max says harshly into her walkie-talkie.

el falls back down onto the bed, falling back asleep instantly.

"well i'm not gonna be able to get back to sleep NOW." i say.

"don't worry about it, i won't be able to either. wanna talk?" max asks me.

"sure," i say, giving her a small smile.

max was let into my secret, how i like girls and boys. she didn't care, and she treated me the same.

well, up until a few months ago. we got a bit awkward, but i blamed it on us being teenagers, we're going through changes, and it makes us awkward.

"y/n, i have an important question."

"shoot."

"so um ... how did you find out that you liked girls and boys?"

"well, i was hanging out with lucas, and i saw his mom looking through a magazine. it was getting close to summer. it happened about two years ago. she was looking at new swimsuits, and i saw the models in the magazine. now, of course i still do like boys and i had before. the models in the magazine were BEAUTIFUL. then, i talked to lucas about how i got butterflies in my stomach when looking at the pictures. that's why lucas and i are so close. he's the first to know about things, i trust him. i've had crushes on girls and boys, one of the boys being lucas. but, i guess i always kind of knew. i was always awkward in changing rooms, and such. but, everyone finds out in different ways. why do you ask?"

"i think i like girls and boys, too. i've been on and off with lucas for a while. when el and i went clothes shopping, i kept seeing these other girls come out of the dressing rooms. i just remember thinking, 'wow, she looks so beautiful.' and i kept getting butterflies. i figured i'd ask you about it."

"oh, good for you! thank you for trusting me with this." i say, offering her a small smile.

"y/n?"

"yes?"

"th-that story was a lie."

"oh.."

"you're the reason i found out."

"really?"

"yes. i've dated lucas but we've always had problems. he thought i was cheating, which i wasn't. but, i've crushed on others. you were the first one. i'm sorry you had to find out this w-"

"i like you too." i blurted out.

max's eyes lit up at my statement.

i was blushing like mad, and she was too. i couldn't stop myself. i leaned in and kissed her.

she ... didn't pull away? she kept kissing me.

"what ... are you doing?" el asks.

shit.

WORD COUNT - 637