Kokichi's Question

Shuichi's PoV

I stepped out into the dining hall to find Mui. No one has really seen Mui for the past few days...she just shut herself in her lab and never let anyone in. I know Kiibo is like an assistant of sorts to her, so it wasn't a surprise he was with her.

We knew she was alive. Trust me, we would have broken down the door if we weren't sure, but she just yelled at us for disturbing her every time we tried to ask what she was doing.

She was sitting at the table; she looked like she hadn't slept since we last saw her but had a shit-eating grin on her face. I knew if I didn't ask her what she made, I would receive a lecture from the oh so great and beautiful genius Mui Iruma. I sighed. It's too early for this...

"Where have you been?" I asked, taking my seat at the table.

"In my lab, duh-doy!" I regret asking... "But if you must know what I was working on...I can't tell you! Not until everyone gets here, at least. Until then, you're blessed with my presence-"

"Listen up, fuckers!" Kokichi started, pointing at us as he came out of the kitchen. "Mom's making Tenko's shit so she can't leave the kitchen because that bitch ordered something as high maintenance as her. Now, what do you want."

"Little degenerate-"

"I asked what everyone else wanted for breakfast, skank!" Tenko growled but stood down, still grumbling about men being degenerates. Everyone gave their orders, and Kokichi seemed to take a partial mental note of who wanted what. I just ordered coffee. No one dared talk to me before I got it either.

I get a bit cranky, but that's fine. I just need some caffeine, and I'll be alright, so will everyone else. Kirumi came out with a tray and placed it in front of Tenko, who had stopped grumbling and looked excited. From the looks of it, she had steamed rice, miso soup, some kind of fish, and a few other things I'm too uncultured to identify.

"I hope this is to your liking, Tenko." Tenko nodded at Kirumi and began eating.

Not incredibly long after that, everyone had what they wanted for breakfast, and Kokichi had joined us at the table to annoy us. Well, specifically me, since I didn't have food to eat and Tenko would Aikido slam him. He kept poking my face or tried to pick up my hat when I didn't give a response fast enough, so anytime he tried to talk to me.

"Shuichi!" Kokichi called, snapping me out of my daze.

"Hmm...?" I shook my head in a vain attempt to keep myself aware and awake.

"Wow, I hope you weren't up all night because of me...I left at twelve-thirty; you should have had time to sleep..." Kokichi almost looked as if he was actually pondering his own inquiry, then again, I'm marcid and haven't slept right in days. It's not just Kokichi, well...partly, but mostly just stress, monachopsis. And on top of all of that, I'm just a natural noceur.

"Eh..? Oh, no...I didn't sleep... My anxiety's kept me up for the past fifty hours..." I once again tried to drink out of my empty coffee cup. Realizing it was dry, I just pushed it away, gibbering about wanting more as I rested my head on my arms on the table.

"I can get you more if you want-"

"Oi, shitty little no dick!" Mui called.

"What do you want, whore," Kokichi seethed.

"W-whore...?" Mui whined.

"Yes, now what'd you want."

"If you could ask any question right now, what would it be?" Everyone seemed to pay a bit of attention to this, Kokichi wasn't exactly an open book, so it was rare to see him express what he wanted.