The Misunderstanding

Shuichi's PoV

I knocked on the door. Within a few seconds, Kokichi opened it.

"Shumai!" he burbled. He pulled me inside his room and shut the door. "You're here early. You must want something." He got very close to my face. "Or, someone~"

I lightly pushed him off of me. "I actually just wanted to talk with you." I shut the door behind me.

"Well, that's not suspicious..."

"Oh ha, ha. Like your flirting is any weirder," I playfully rolled my eyes.

"You've been doing that a lot more lately, haven't you."

He blinked at me. "Shuichi, we started dating a week and a half ago... If you weren't expecting that, then I'm really starting to question your detective skills."

"Actually, that's what I wanted to talk about. Us that is."

"Well, that's probably not good..." Kokichi averted his eyes from mine and bit his thumb.

"Oh, no, no! It's nothing bad, I don't think... I guess I just wanted to tell more people, Kirumi knows because...well, yeah..." She walked in on us making out... I get anxious a lot, but I have never felt fear like that. Except that one time that I walked in on my aunt and uncle...

I shook the thoughts from my head, "I guess I just want other people to know without them finding out like that..."

"Sure." Kokichi shrugged.

"Wait, really? Just like that? You're fine with it?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I don't know... I just feel like something's wrong with everything I say... Welcome to the inner thoughts of Shuichi Saihara, where anxiety and insecurity rule over my every thought!

"I don't know..."

"Well, who? You said tell people, did you have anyone in mind?" Kokichi asked.

"Well, Kaede and Kaito are pretty high on the list-"

"There's a list?"

"No- well, technically no, there's just a couple people that I want to know. N-not that I don't want everyone to know at some point, and hopefully, that is-" Kokichi put his hand over my mouth.

"Shuichi...calm down... Breath." I inhaled through my nose while counting to seven. I held it for four. I exhaled through my mouth while counting to seven. "Better?" I nodded.

For the past few months, Kokichi had taken it upon himself to calm me down when I was spiraling and stop when he noticed I was starting to. I'm so lucky... "We can tell anyone you want, alright? And you can wait to tell other people if you wanted to."

"So, Kaeda and Kaito first?" I suggested.

"Whatever you want."

"Okay, we'll just split up and find each other then, because I don't think they'll believe you."

"Yeah, they probably won't, but that means the look on their faces will be even better! And I get my yen too!" Kokichi grinned at the thought.

"Yen?"

"Yeah, me and Kaito made a bet a while ago, if I ever got you to date me, I got 5187 yen."

Why am I surprised...? "Let's just get going then..." I sighed.

We both walked down the hall and turned off in opposite directions when Kokichi suddenly turned around at started coming towards me. "Shuichi, wait, you forgot something!" Forgot something? I didn't bring anything- Kokichi pulled me down by the collar and kissed me. It was quick, and he pulled back quickly, but I was still nervous. It was a bit strange kissing him out in the open.