Gone

⚠️WARNING⚠️

​​​​​​MAJOR SUICIDE TRIGGER

If you're sensitive to this kind of stuff or it's a trigger, I don't suggest reading this chapter

Kokichi's PoV

It was at least midnight. I knew that much. And when I checked my phone, I found out I was way off. 5:57 A.M. too early.

I rolled over in my bed in an attempt to calm the overwhelming feeling of dread washing over me and the knot in my stomach. I'm was still mad at myself.

Yesterday I was supposed to confess my feelings to Shuichi... But I'd put it off all day, and I only saw him once. When I did see him, I'd just made a few comments on how quiet he had been and left...

I clenched my jaw as I made an oath to myself to finally tell Shuichi how I felt about him. At first, I thought he was kind of a lame dork... While that never changed, I started to find it cute when he stuttered, got flustered, small stuff like that.

But what I can't wrap my head around is how he could also be so sexy sometimes. It was stupid. You can't be dorky and sexy! Shuichi shouldn't play with me like that!

But even as I bit his lip, I knew Shuichi was utterly oblivious. Something that also made him cute (and a bit annoying.) Make up your mind already!

I heard a low hum coming from my phone. When I picked it up off my nightstand, I saw it was Shuichi. He'd texted me. At 6 A.M.

I loved Shuichi, but it was too early, even for Shumai.

I set my phone down and rolled over. I knew Shuichi got up around this time, but I never woke up earlier than 6:00.

I could finally feel myself drifting off into sleep when I heard my phone buzz again. Damnit Shuichi! Couldn't you take a hint?!

I pulled my phone off its charger and answered the phone. "It's too early, Shuichi. You can talk to me when I get up for breakfast," I irritability murmured.

"O-oh, s-sorry to disturb you... I guess I just wanted to tell you something before I-... I um, have to do something..." Shuichi stammered nervously.

"Well? Spit it out already." I was a jerk. I know I'm a jerk. I don't like being a jerk, but that's the kind of stuff that comes to mind, and I was already weeks into this, so I might as well go down as the most hated.

"Well, I just wanted to tell you that... You, um, mean a lot to me... And I know I don't let you know this enough, but...you're a very good friend of mine," he confessed. I sucked at my teeth; I'd never felt so loved and hurt at the same time.

Shuichi had said that he'd appreciated me, but as a friend... Well, take what you can get, right? I'm lucky that Shuichi even considered me at all! I'm a complete ass to everyone and do nothing but make his life harder!

"Thank you, Shuichi, but I already know that. I mean, who wouldn't? I'm just fabulous aren't I?" I hate myself, but I could turn that around. "If I live up to your standards, I must be pretty fantastic."

"O-oh, no, no, I don't have high standards! I'm surprised anyone talks to me in general!"

I sighed, "you're right, I forgot about Kaito..." What? If I was going to confess to Shuichi, then I had to make sure he said yes. And the best way to do that was to bring down the competition.