Chapter 31

Markus's POV

I hate going to pack meeting like why goddess why? Can't I just sleep in and stuff? Please?

"Common Markus let's go." My mom said with droopy eyes. The one thing that me and her share other than are noses is that we are not morning people.

I huffed and followed my parents into the pack meeting room with a mouth watering scent. What's that good smell?

Dad opened the door and I saw the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She had gloomy grey eyes, long blonde hair, and freckles. Her lips looked so inviting and tempting to kiss. I could kiss her all day.

'Mate!' My wolf, Josh yelled.

Yes! I found her. I can't believe it!

My dad sat me in the chair next to me and mom while she sat across from me. Can I please sit by her?

"Alpha Scott this is my daughter, Raine Carters." Alpha Tobias said as the meeting started.

She kept looking at me as I looked at her the whole time. She was flawless from her head to toe. She would make a perfect Luna to the pack. My mom was a good Luna of the pack and she still is but Raine will be a good Luna that's for sure.

God I sound whipped. Like dad.

'Son are you alright?' Mom asked in the link.

'Raine Carters is my mate.' I replied back and cut the link.

"No I will not allow this!" Alpha Tobias roared at my father.

"Raine is my sons mate!" My dad yelled.

Oh shit it's getting real up in here.

"Dad it's the rules." Raine says with tears pricking her beautiful eyes.

"Raine I want you to reject him so you can marry Alpha Noah." Alpha Tobias said coldly.

"Raine don't do what he says. You are your own self. You don't need to listen to him anymore." I said as she looked at me.

She ran into my arms and hugged me making me hug her back. She was crying in my chest while my mom was zoned out.

Cassie's POV

"Raine I want you to reject him so you can marry Alpha Noah." Tobias said coldly.

When he said that that was memories of my parents. They wanted power. They wanted control. They wanted what they couldn't have.

I hated my parents and I still do. I don't want Raine to go through what I had to go through. I remember them beating me when I was kidnapped. I remember being gone from Scott when John took me. I remember the pain I felt.

I'm happy for my son he found his mate. She is pretty but eh I have Scott.

I don't know what my life would be without Scott. Sometimes I have what ifs.

What if I never met Scott when we were ten? What if my pack wasn't all dead? What if I did what my parents wanted? What if.

"Cassie Markus and Raine lets go." Scott said lowly. I think his wolf is surfacing.

"Justin calm down ok." I whispered in his ear as he hugged my side.

"Kill." Justin and Josh said at the same time. For fucks sake. Like father like son.

Raine's POV

Finally I'm away from my pack of meanies and buttholes. I'm not the person to swear only if I'm super mad at someone or something.

Finally I can get away from my alcoholic father and a prostitute of a mother.

Freedom at last.