33

Ehm... hi... missed me? No? Okay..

I'm tired but I thought to myself 'I should update for all my beautiful readers' sooo here I am I guess...

TW: .. eating... a squirrel?...

**NO ONES POV**

"WHERE IS SHE?!" Val shouts while slamming his clenched fists onto the wooden table.

"We're working on it Val, calm down, alright?" Gian replied shortly after, getting up from his seat he walked past Val leaving a quick pat on his shoulder.

Val bite his lip before clenching his fist again and standing up, he marches from the hall and up to his room, ignoring the calls from his many brothers, he locks his door before dropping down to the floor.

"God dammit" he mutters under his breathe "why was she born into this life, she's supposed to feel safe, if We can't even protect one child how will any of us run a gang?"

"That isn't your problem" a sound comes from the other side of the door "you shouldn't need to worry about the Gang, you're a kid, live life. And when you come of age you'll become a dashing young business man, away from all the killing"

"You think?" Val replies with a shaky voice

"I don't think so, I know so" Amara replies

"Thank you"

"For what?"

"For being here for me... even though I'm not your son"

"Don't be silly kid, you're just as much my child as Arabella, you'll always be my little boy. Even though I may not be your blood mother"

"Love you"

Amara is lost for words by the two simple words that left Vals mouth "I... I love you too kid"

A small smile spreads across both their faces before Amara finally stands up "I better get going, see you for dinner"

"Yeah bye" Val sighs.

**BELLA'S POV**

My feet ached.
My head was pounding.
My throat was burning.
My back was sore from carrying Patience.

Everything hurt.

We were all tired. Starved. Cold.
Winter was coming and quick.

Soon enough we'd have no food left and all the animals will be in hibernation while no plants grew. If the food shortage doesn't kill us then the temperature sure will.

~

Over the past few days I got closer with Delilah. I also learnt more about Diana and Patience, I see them as my own little sisters.

As much as I love them though, I'd rather be at home in the warm, with food and my family.

But this would have to do.

"I've found a handful of berries and a small squirrel" Delilah whispered, throwing the dead animal in-front of me.

"Is that all" Diana said almost in tears "Why am I always so emotional dammit"

"Hormones, love" I say while getting to work on peeling the skin off the squirrel.

"Ew, growing up" Diana huffs while leaning back against the cave wall.

We all let out a short chuckle before I get back to my job.

Not long later I had finished peeling so I cleaned the meat in the water from the clear river.

I then put the squirrel onto a stick before placing it on stands above the already lit fire.

"Here's some wood I found from the trees just outside" patience said while holding the little doll we found close to her chest.

"Good job" I smile.

Dipping my hands into a clean water bowl, I wash them from the raw meat before rubbing my hands on my clothes to dry off.

patting the floor in-front of me signals for patience to take a seat.
I take the bobbles (or hair ties) from her half tangled hair. I use my fingers to brush her hair free from most knots.

I tied her unruly hair into two french plaits.

"Thanks Bel" she smiles before climbing onto my lap and leaning her head on my shoulder before quickly falling asleep.

..............

I'm tired sooo this is all your getting :D

Take care of yourself

And remember TPWK