Chapter 1

TWs- shooting, death, violence, depressive thoughts

~~~~
George's P.O.V

Its so dark. Its consuming me, drowning me even. Looking at the picture frame that sits in my suitcase, on the dirty floor that I call my room. The picture is of my parents, my dead parents. About a month ago, they were at the public mall buying my birthday present, stupid birthday present. They were gunned down, 3 gunman entered the mall and started shooting without a second thought, and they- they took my parents away.

My stupid birthday present. My fault.

I blink away the wet, salty tears that are threatening to fall. Why am I sad? Im not the one that lost their life, because of their stupid son's birthday present.

I remember watching the news, the stupid news. The alert of 3 gunman loose at the public mall, the mall my parents were buying my stupid stupid stupid, birthday present. The call came soon after, the ringing still playing in my ears when I sleep.

"Hello is this George Hastan?? Son of Jen and Dave Hastan?"

My throat closed up, "Y-Yes this is him"

"We regret to inform you that your parents have passed away today, we would like you to come to the hospital, do you need a ride?"

"T-They're gone?" I ask, knowing the evil answer. Tears running down my face, as I scream into the empty house, the news is still playing.

"Son, we are sending officers to your location, please don't do anything stupid." The call ends.

I hear silent sirens in the distance, they cant stop the flowing thoughts. My fault, my fault. I scream out again, the desperation and anger clear as day, I grab the closest thing to me, a remote. I chuck the remote into the TV, shutting it up. Its so loud.

The banging on my door falls silent on my ears, as all I can hear is the last words said to me by my parents.

"We will be home shortly sweetie! We are heading to the mall for your gift! You're going to love it! Bye love you!"

They never came home.