Chapter 7

Michael's POV

"Tyler!" Someone yelled, waking me from my sleep.

I quickly sat up and it felt like someone stabbed me in the back of the head.

A tall, brown headed, nice looking guy stood at the doorway of the back lounge. At first I thought it was the back lounge of my bus, but I turned out to be wrong.

Tyler came up behind the stranger.

So, it's the Delinquents bus.

"Who's this?" The man said.

"Michael." Tyler said.

"Why is he here?"

"I found him drunk and passed out and I couldn't get him back to his bus." Tyler said.

He furrowed his eyebrows at me. "Is he that Michael?"

Tyler nodded. "Yeah."

I walked over to me. He flashed a kind smile. "What's up? I'm Jacob."

He held his hand out and I shook it.

"I'm Michael," I said. "but I see you already know that." I chuckled.

Jacob smiled and walked out of the back lounge.

"We're at a stop for a few hours and we're about to go get breakfast." Tyler said.

I nodded.

"Want to come?"

"Uh, yeah." I said. "Do you have pain killers or something?"

He nodded and walked toward the front lounge. He came back with a water bottle and a pain killer. He set the pill in the palm of my hand and the water bottle on the small table sitting in front of the couch.

"Thanks." I said.

"Everyone else is going, but I'll stay and wait for you." He said, sitting down on the couch and turning on the TV.

"Tyler," I said.

He glanced over at me. "Yes?"

"Why are you being so nice to me?"

He grabbed the remote and turned the volume on the TV down. "I told you, Michael, I want to try to be friends." He said. "Nothing more."

I didn't say anything. I just went into the bathroom and shut the door.

When I got done, he was still watching TV. He's smiled at me when I walked into the lounge. I faked a smile back and I think he knew it was fake because his smile vanished and turned into a frown.

I ignored it and looked away from him.

"Ready to go?" He said.

I nodded and we walked out of the bus.

We walked down the sidewalk of some city in Arizona.

The summer air felt nice and refreshing.

Tyler's POV

"I remember when we went to breakfast the first day we met." Michael said. "It seems like that day all over again."

I was stunned that he remembered that.

"You remember that?" I said.

"Of course I do. How could I forget?" He said. "That was one of the best days of my life." He sounded so enthusiastic.

"What makes you say that?"

He didn't say anything for a few seconds. "Because," He finally said. "I met you."