Chapter 4

Michael's POV

Tyler stared at me and I would kill to know what it was he's thinking.

He looked different. His face wasn't as bright. His hair was longer than before, too.

"W-what are you doing?" He stuttered.

"Jeremy invited the guys and I."

He didn't say anything.

All I wanted to do at that moment was tell him how much I miss him. I want to kiss him and tell him my love for him is just as strong as it was a year ago. But, I couldn't. He doesn't feel the same way anymore.

"I should probably go." He said.

He turned around to open the door.

"Tyler, wait," I said.

"What, Michael?"

"Will you please just . . ." I said. "talk to me?"

He took a deep breath and exhaled loudly. "Okay."

He sat on one end of the couch and I sat on the other end.

"I want to at least be friends," I said. "since we're going to see each other all summer."

He nodded.

I want to be more than friends, though.

Maybe, just maybe, if I prove to him how much I love him, he'll give me another chance.

I just don't see how we could have what he had and him not be just as miserable as I am when we lose it.

"I need to get going." He said.

"Isn't your bus parked on the other side of the lot?"

"Unfortunately," He said.

He stood up.

"You can stay on my bus, it's parked close." I said. "You won't have to walk."

I held on to his hand.

"No, Michael, I can't."

"Yes, you can." I said. "I don't want you to have to walk across the lot."

"I'll be fine." He said.

"Please," I said.

"Michael," He said. "my boyfriend."

I let go of his hand.

Why did I even think I had a chance?

Josh's POV

We had unlocked the bus when Tyler and Michael started talking. We didn't want them to be locked together if they started arguing or something.

Right now, we're standing outside the bus, waiting for one of them to come outside.

Finally, Tyler did.

He didn't say anything. He just walked passed us and in the direction of his bus.

"Do you think it worked?" I said.

"Do you think what worked?"

I turned around and Michael was standing in the doorway of the bus.

"Uh," I said, trying to come up with an excuse.

I couldn't, though.

"You guys . . ." He started and paused. "planned that?"

"Shit," A.J. muttered.

"Um," Sky said. "yes, Michael."

Michael ran out of the A Day to Remember bus and headed toward our own bus.

"I'll go talk to him." I said.

"Okay," Ty said. "be chill with him, man."