Episode 47.

◤─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────◥

◣─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────◢

◣─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────◢

"Under the light of all evidence that had been reported miss Zoya is declared a fraud for registering a baseless case and for wasting the time of court......"

The air was thick in that court room and Merzia's shoulders sagged as the judge announced his final decision. She had heard of the attack, it all happened so quick that she couldn't even gather evidence of the accident and present them against khan.

"Zoya I—" she didn't know what to tell her, she sighed as she held the phone to her ear. The heat and the loss, all was taking a toll on her.

"I know. It was bound to happen. I'm sorry for wasting your time" Zoya said hanging up. Her jaw locked and hands fisted her mobile.

Failure. A fucking failure I am. I couldn't do anything but damage. Its all my fucking fault.

She was cursing herself in her mind when a white stick appeared infront of her. She looked up at Ghazal who was holding a cigarette out to her.

"What?" She asked plainly.

"Here. Have a smoke. It lessens the stress" her friend said.

"No thanks" Zoya said turning her down but her friend scoffed.

"This is how I fought the grief of my father when he left me. It did help" her friend said pushing it in her hand.

"I said no" she gritted throwing it on the ground.

"If you say so. But if you ever need it you know where to find me" the girl said walking away. Zoya shook her head and walked the other way.

Coming home she was greeted with familiar faces of her family. Rabia asked her to have tea with them but she refused politely.

"Why would she sit with us Rabia. It was only till Yasir's death that she felt obliged to spare the family some time but now...." Muznah scoffed making her storm away with her eyes hard set on the marbled floor.

"Can you not speak rubbish all the time" Rabia sighed tired of her taunting.

"I'm just stating the fact that she doesn't even consider us as her family" the woman shrugged.

The sun rose and sank everyday and the silence in the family grew deeper. They didn't feel alive even after a month of Yasir's death has past away.