Episode 33

The sun was setting and so were the hearts of Alam mansion. The residents were all worried sick. Rabia was crying and Yasir was holding his breath. Agha jaan and bibi jaan were as stressed as ever. Muznah on the other hand held her head high along side her remarks.

"I told you. She's must've ran away with someone. I told you she couldn't be trusted with tht sons of this family" she said making Yasir clench his fists holding his morals and not lashing out on her.

"Zahan's with her muznah. Something could've happened to them and all you think of is this" Rabia yelled asking muznah scoff.

"And what's Zahan. A young man. Who knows she could've lured him—"

"Enough is enough bhabi. If I'm not saying anything then that's because you're my brother's wife. Don't you dare say another word about my daughter" Yasir broke the thick silence making her flinch back.

"Yasir calm down" his brothers tried calming him down but he pushed his had away.

"All she ever does is bad mouths my daughter. Who gave her right to even say a word against her. I'm warning you bhabi till the day I'm alive no one can dare to even say a word against her" he roared making them feel their breath hitch.

"Yasir take a deep breath. They'll come back. The police is searching for them don't worry. And Zahan's with her, he'll keep her safe. Don't worry." Farzan, his older brother said patting his shoulder. He nodded and hung his head in fear and worry. He could only pray that both his children were okay.  He knew Zahan would protect her but who would protect him if needed.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

"Qazi ko bolao"
(Call the Imam)

The duo held their breaths and gulped at the words. Zahan looked back at her who was staring right back wide eyes.

"Iski ki kia zaroorat hai Khan sahab? Aapko hum per bharosa nahi hai?" Zahan asked standing his ground.
(What's the need for this? Do you not trust us?)

"Bharosa? Hai na bharosa tum per humme. Bus ek dastakhat hi tu karna hai. Kardo aur jao nahi tu" khan baba said.
(Trust. Oh I trust you alright. It's just a signature isn't it. Do it and leave or else)

The bearded man looped an arm around Zahan's shoulder making Zoya hold in a yelp. He dragged the young man with him in the middle of the circle of dominant, armed men.

"Nahi tu kia?" He asked mastering up the courage.
(Or else what?)

"Pachees saal Pehle meri beti ne bhaag kar shaadi ki thi apne aashna ke saath. Jaante ho pakre jaane pe kia hua tha?" Khan baba said with a deathly flame lacing his words. His eyes stuck on Zoya who was staring at Zahan's back avoiding the man's piercing gaze.
(Twenty five years ago my daughter eloped with her lover, do you know what happened after she got caught?)

"Kia?" Zahan gulped looking back into the man's dark eyes.
(What?)

"Yahin dafna dia uske kaagzi shohar ke saath. Aaj ek jora garh jaaye ga tu dunya pe koi asar nahi hoga" the man stared hardly in his eyes making a fear of his power gnaw at Zahan's heart.
(I buried her here on this ground with her husband. And today I'd history repeats itself then it would bring Nov change on this world)

"Khan sahab aap humara yaheen Karen hum aapse jhoot—" zahan started but a shriek grabbed his attention.
(Khan sahab believe us why would we lie to—)