Chapter 12

Your company set up your tents rather quickly against a group of trees, it wasn't far off the road, but it was more secure than travelling further into the trees.  

You were securing your things getting ready to head out and check out the area when you felt a hand on your shoulder.  "(Y/N), you look tense what is wrong?" Legolas asked rubbing your back comfortingly.  

You shrugged, "I just have a bad feeling about this place is all," you stated leaning into his touch, "we are much too close to Isengard here, you know I do not trust the wizards." 

"I know a wizard who has only ever been kind and helpful, why would others be any different?" Legolas asked.  

You shook your head warning Legolas to leave the subject alone, there were no secrets you wanted to keep from your fiancé, but there were some things you would rather not relive right now.  Legolas seemed to take the hint and turned you to face him.  

"Whatever it is you want to keep to yourself, you can" he whispered cupping your face in his hands, "but know that I will never let anything happen to you." 

You leaned up to place a chaste kiss on his lips before turning and walking out of camp to check around.  Although the place set you on edge, you found no evidence of any potential threats.  You were about to make your way back to camp when you heard a rustle of leaves and some footsteps behind you.  

You drew your daggers quietly and held them in a tight grip.  You glanced around but the dark of the night concealed any clues to your surroundings.  You could faintly see the light from the camp not too far ahead of you, but there was no way you could make it there before whatever was behind you engaged.  Any attempt to warn the others would certainly go unnoticed this far away.  

You started to slowly make your way forward, trying not to make it obvious that you knew there was something behind you, maybe they would not notice your hyperawareness.  But you were wrong, nothing engaged you, but you could hear them following only a few paces behind you, waiting for the opportune moment.  

You had to find a way to warn the others that there was something out here.  An idea came to your head.  You sheathed your daggers back on your thigh and subtly grabbed your bow from off you back and notched an arrow.  The footsteps behind you stopped, they had noticed, but they seemed to be waiting for your next move.  

You knew you had to be quick, in a flash you threw your bow high to the sky and let is fly.  It took a high arch and dropped back down landing in the middle of your camp.  You smiled at yourself, knowing that Legolas would see it and understand something went wrong.  

You only had a moment to celebrate your own genius when a rough pair of hands clamped around your mouth and darkness surrounded your vision.