Chapter 5

You woke up noticing the pain still present in your whole body.  Your vision was still blurry but you could make out that you were laying on the floor of a cell.  You knew them well as you had placed many an enemy in these cells, but you had to admit that you had never been on the inside of one.  

"(Y/N)!" you heard a shout and recognized Legolas' voice. 

"Legolas!" you shouted back reaching for his voice.  You slowly made your way to the cell door reaching through the bars and gabbing Legolas' hand.  

"Are you alright?" Legolas said reaching through the bars with his other hand to stroke your hair.  You leaned into his touch letting it comfort and calm you.  

"What happened?" you asked ignoring his question. Legolas didn't answer you right away, but finally looked at you with fear and love and mixed into one emotion.  

"I asked him if this was something my mother would have wanted."  Legolas paused not meeting your gaze, he seemed to be staring off at a distant thought.  "Father said that he would not kill you, but he still does not support my decision.  He said that I should marry for advantage and not let love get in the way of things." 

You sat up and reached your hand through to touch his cheek.  He finally met your eyes and you saw pain and fear in them.  "Legolas, my intention was never to break apart your family, he is the only family you have left." you finished.

"No, (Y/N) you are my family now." he said locking eyes with you, the fear was now replaced with love, but the pain was still present in his face.  You pressed your forehead against the bars and Legolas leaned his forehead against yours.  

"I have spoken with father and he has agreed to something." Legolas began to explain.  

"And what would that be?" you asked with curiosity.  

"You can stay here and in your own room until you make a recovery, and then he will reevaluate his decision." he explained. 

"Great, but then why am I still in this cell?" you asked desperately wishing to hold Legolas.  

Legolas rolled his eyes, "he said he wanted to open your cell personally," he explained, "Noben has already went to fetch him." 

As if a cue, Thranduil entered your line of vision.  "Nice to see you finally woke up," he stated as he approached the cell, "I feared you wouldn't" he said sarcastically.  

"Father, please just open the door," Legolas said clearly frustrated with his father. 

"Very well," Thranduil responded taking the keys from a nearby guard and unlocking the door.  Legolas rushed in and hugged you before grabbing your face and kissing you.  "Take her to her room and return to me at the throne room." Thranduil commanded before handing the keys back to the guard and disappearing from view.  Legolas picked you up bridal style and carried you back to your room. 

"How are you feeling?" Legolas asked as he helped you change into clean clothes.  

"I am ok, I am just overwhelmed and little sore." you answered honestly.  "And a little scared that if I sleep, guards will show up and take me away again." 

"I am not going to let anyone touch you," Legolas soothed before laying next to you and pulling you tightly against him.  

"Please don't leave me," you whispered as you tucked your head against his chest. 

"I am not going anywhere," he responded kissing the top of your head.  You closed your eyes and felt safe in Legolas' arms and sleep eventually found you both.