10• Ignorance Is Bliss

Chapter 10 - Ignorance Is Bliss

*POV ~ NEWT*

'Well come on then, there's no way I'm not going with ya.' I informed before turning around to face the young glader. 'You stay.'

Thankfully the boy nodded before getting into a small conversation with Thomas as me and Luna raced of to Homestead while Minho sprinted out into the maze.

'I swear if one more person says sorry to me I'm going to run away.' The red head spoke while catching her breath when we made it to the room just waiting for the brunette boy.

Once Tommy had ran up the stairs two by two I knocked on the wooden door and was replied with a small groan. I gently pushed the door open and stepped in the room. Signalling for the others to follow, we were met with a sick looking Alby lying on the bed with his eyes closed.

I slowly walked over to the wooden chair that was placed beside the bed while the Luna and Thomas stood at the end by his feet.

'Alby. Alby, Chuck said you wanted to talk to Tommy and Lu.' Suddenly the weak looking boy's eyes opened to reveal his bloodshot pupils.

He glanced at me for a split second before moving his eye sight to look at the other two. It took a moment for him to gain the strength to sit up on the bed with his hunched back leaning against the head board.

'Yeah.' His deep voice was raspy sounding like he had smoked cigarettes for twenty years.

'Chuck said you were acting like a loony, thrashing around. What's wrong? You still sick?' I asked still not letting my gaze flatter from the stung boy.

'Everything's . . going to change . . the girl . . Thomas . . Luna . . I saw them .  .' The leader answered between breaths.

'What do you mean you saw . . .' But my voice was soon interrupted by a shout.

'I wanted Luna and Thomas! I didn't ask for you Newt, I asked for Thomas and Luna!' I couldn't hide the hurt I felt in not being wanted but I shook it off and stood up.

'Fine, they're right here - talk.'

'Leave.' Alby's eyes slowly shut before re opening.

'No I wanna hear -'

'Newt. Leave now.' I could sense the awkwardness the other two felt but all I could feel was shock.

'But . .'

'OUT! Get out!' The leader screamed and all I could do was roll my eyes.

'Don't expect me to kiss your butt when you come sayin sorry.' I mocked before tracing my hand around the door knob hoping he would change his mind.

'Close the door.' And with that I slammed the door and slid down the wall outside just waiting for their conversation to be over.

*POV ~ LUNA*