|12|

Syd

"Oh my gosh, Syd!"

I think my ears gonna explode! Hera and her loud mouth! My usual morning meditation was officially ruined by her. I grab my towel and went inside, she meet me on the living motioning her phone.

"Aunt Cindy has bombarded my phone with messages and calls. Check your phone!"

We forgot about our phones when we arrived here yesterday. We enjoy ourselves to the fullest and focus our attention in comforting our fragile friend. I went to my room and she followed. I took it out in my bag.

"Oh my! Twenty calls and messages!" She peeked on my phone. I opened one of the messages and they're asking where on Earth we are. "Why are they looking for Collie?"

"I also wonder why. She have nothing to do in their party last night, haven't she?" She point to the unknown number. "Whose number is this? I also received a call from it."

"I don't know who either. Anyway, let's tell Auntie where we are. Did Collie didn't inform them?"

"I guess, she escaped." She sighed and slumped on the bed. "Now that I have known the details, I understand why she want an escape."

It's hard on her part. Everytime she was reminded of her first heart ache. Telling her about their future together when she know that it was far from what they imagine it would be. Their parents were so into it. They failed to noticed what she's feeling. While they are giggling happily in the love story they had made, she was silently hurting.

"I just hope for her happiness. She deserves it after all."

"I just don't understand, Kenshin!" She gathered her legs in an Indian sit. "Haven't you notice the way he treats Collie? I really thought that he will have a change of heart about the engagement and be true to himself."

I noticed it too, my! I won't deny that I even hope for it to happen but no. I even thought that he was jealous of Jacob the toad and I caught those secret glances he sends on her!

"Maybe because he just felt sorry about her. Ah! He's ugly now in my eyes. Even if he looks really dashing in personal."

She rolled her eyes and jump out of the bed.

"Syd, Collie is our friend!" She reminded me. "This topic drains my energy. I'll go bake some cookies. Sweets is the best remedy for a broken heart."

I changed my shirt and run after her and linked my arm on her.

"Make it chocolate! And let's have strawberry shake. Collie loves it!"

"Where is she, by the way?"

"In the wooden dock with her sketch pad. She said nature inspired her creative mind. We'll have new designs for the next season."

She washed the materials needed while I prepare the ingredients. I made the dough while eating some chocolates and she's in front of the oven waiting for it to be cooked. We're cleaning our mess when we both received another message. We look at each other with a shocked face. We're both not believing it.

"Kenshin is coming and he's near."

"As in Kenshin? The Ken guy who hurt Collie?" I check my phone again. "This is his number?"

We are still confused thinking what is happening when we heard a car coming. We both run outside and rush in the gate. It was true that it's Kenshin. We're about to rain hell on him when we noticed how stressed he was. Lack of sleep is screaming on his face.

"Did Collie open my gift to her?" He asked when he walk out of his car.

"No." We answered in chorus with a knotted forehead. Duh, what kind of gift it was?