|1|

I face the mirror and put a baby powder on my face. You might wonder why would a young adult like me, who's already twenty six to be exact, still use a baby powder instead of compact or foundation? It's because my skin is too sensitive, it got irritated with those cosmetics products. And honestly, I am the girl who never learn how to put make up!

So, my usual make up is baby powder, lipstick and mascara. The mascara makes my eyes itchy but, hey! I want to emphasize my beautiful chinky eyes. Well, not that chinky like my favorite Korean actresses. And like what they said: Endure it if you want to be beautiful!

"Colie, Syd is here!"

As if on cue, he blow the horn downstairs and I can imagine my mother going up to my room to quicken me. Here she was, wobbling the doorknob and in the count of three!

"Colie, your already beautiful so stay away from the mirror now and don't let Syd wait for so long."

As if, he have the patience to wait for too long. Besides, I'm done on my face. I grab my favorite brand of perfume and spray on my neck while I put on my backpack. She step aside when I walk pass the door and she tailed me behind.

"Morning, Auntie Cindy!" Syd greeted my mother after taking a sip of his coffee.

Syd is a very close friend of mine and he's been here in our house a dozen of couple times. He feels so at home that he even made his own cup of coffee in our kitchen. He even have a sandwich with him. I took his sandwich and had a bite before I take his cup from his hand.

"Hey!" He screamed when I have a taste of it. "You should make your own coffee and not snatch mine!"

I took another sip. "May I remind you that you are in our house, you invaded our kitchen and I love your coffee!"

It's true! I was teasing him that he could establish his own coffee shop and be the bartender. He will just roll his eyes, like what he was doing now then took back his coffee from my hands.

"I thought you will make me wait for another hour that's why I made myself comfortable."

"It's the first time that she woke up early!" My mother exclaimed. "Do you want another sandwich, Syd?"

"I love you Auntie!" He even gave my mother a peck on her cheeks.

"Your like my son. You are not a stranger here!" Then she go to the kitchen.

"Son? Eewww!" He whispered to me. "We both know that I am more beautiful than you, Colleen Auriel." He placed his hand on my chin and gently tilted my face side to side. "But, in all fairness, you look blooming today!"

"Not as you are." I flashed him my sweetest smile.

"Glad you know!" Then he crashed me in his famous bear hug. I slap his shoulder when I can't breathe. He let go. "Now, give me back my coffee."

I return the cup to him and stay away immediately before he could grab my hair.

"Mom, make a coffee for Syd!"

I yell before I walk out of the house and waited for him outside.

"Ahh! I hate you Aurelia!"

I just laugh to him and wave my hand. He used to tease me Aurelia but I'm immune to it. I used to hate it everytime he call me that especially in a crowd but now, I don't mind.

"Bye, Auntie!" He kissed my mother's cheeks to bid good bye. I wave to my mother before I enter inside his car and he followed.

"Don't hand her your coffee!" My mother reminded him with a giggle.