|3|

Syd insisted that we should go shopping to grab the Valentine's sale. He also said that we deserve it after the stressful week. I don't want to go but he said he will treat us. So, here we are searching something we want on the clothes racks.

I group of teenager caught my attention. They are teasing their two friends who are extra ordinary close to each other. The girl's face was blushed while the boy is hushing them. But their friends only teased them more when the boy grab the girl's hand and walk away from them. Their friends was left dying in envy because of the sweet gesture they had just witnessed.

"That boy likes the girl!" I grab on Hera and Syd's arm and point to them.

"How could you say so?" Hera asked who is peeking to the group.

"Look at how he look on the girl. And he took her away from their teasing friends to protect her."

The sweet smile on my face fades when I remembered a memory from the past. Our classmates used to tease us also and he shoved them too. And when we got teased more, I told them we're just friends. Because we are friends that time. We both forgot that promise. Oh, not we. He forgot about his promise; that is how we became friends.

"Remembered a memory, darling?"

I focus my attention on the clothes I'm searching on and ignore them.

"I don't like these clothes here."

I walk away from them and went to the other side.

"What? This is cute!" Hera exclaimed and took it to the fitting room.

"Aw, come on! Collie, your a bad liar."

"I really don't like the clothes there."

"Okay. But friend, your eyes failed to support your lie." I turn to him but he is busy looking on the racks. He take a buttoned down red dress with a scoop neckline. It has a tie on both side for a ribbon on the waist line. "Try this. You look stunning in red."

He even give me a wink. I walk to the fitting room but someone grab my arm. I thought it was Syd but it is not him.

"Collie, why did you stood me up the last time?"

Oh, no!!!!! It's Jacob!

The one we've been avoiding the whole week. We closed the shop earlier than usual and we took the half day that day so I could avoid him. Since we met him on a gala we attended, he became so persistent in courting me but I already told him that I don't entertain suitors. I turned him down politely.

"Oh, forgot about it!" He said but he did not let go of my hand. In fact, his hold tightens. "Why don't you try this, Collie?"

I look on the dress he pick for me and my eyes widen. It was a V neck dress that reach the waist line in a sheer fabric. It is flowy but too short and when he turn to it's back? It was backless with only a pair of thin strap cross on the back. I failed to prevent my brows from frowning.

"It will look good on you." He even positioned the dress on my body. "You look like a Goddess." He said in a husky voice.

This man is a toad!

I almost throw up when he said that. The tone of his voice sounded creepy on my ears. I jerk my hand back and turn my back on him. He is getting on my nerves and I don't want to attack unwanted attention when I burst out of annoyance.

"Hey, wear this later tonight. I will take you out."

I can feel my face heated on anger. He really thought that I will go out with him wearing that kind of dress. It could pass as a lingerie and not a casual dress. I turn to him with my not so kind face. I was more than ready to knock out his senses when I heard someone talk behind him.