|7|

(P.S: Photo of the ring Collie had chosen above. Credits to Google)

* * *

We are currently in a jewelry shop looking for a right ring for his girl. I have already cursed myself a thousand times for agreeing to this. Syd and Hera had hit me when I said this to them. Yes, those two witch hit me on the head! They said, so I would woke up from being stupid. Last night, I was one hundred and one percent to refuse his favor but when he started talking about the past, I hush him by saying: Okay, I will help you.

I stomp my feet on the floor and cursed myself again. So to relieve my frustration, I busied myself by checking their rings but when I saw their prices? I moved to the next cabinet. They are so expensive! Enough to feed a hundred of street people.

"How about this Collie?" He motioned me to come to him and see his chosen ring.

It was a golden ring with an emerald stone surrounded with white shiny stones. I bet it's a diamond. And the price is  sky- high! Oh my! He's really willing to spend a handsome amount of money for her.

"It's beautiful, like what the royals wear." You know the rings of Queen Elizabeth? It's like them.

"Is there a but coming?" He turn to me expecting my answer.

"Well, it's your choice." I said with a shrug. "And it's expensive." I whispered before going back to the corner where I was before.

I felt his presence beside me and search for another ring. Huh! He really take my advices.

"How about this one?"

He points to a ring with a heart design surrounded by rubies or is it red diamonds. I don't know.

"It's beautiful. Red stones, it's a raging passion." But it's a heart shape. I don't like hearts. I like the stones, though. It's my birth stones.

"You don't like it?"

"It's beautiful, though."

Then I averted my eyes again. Why can't he just chose what he thinks his woman would like and not ask about my opinion? I'm just here to accompany him anyway.

"May I ask what specific ring you are looking for, Sir?"

The saleslady asked him and he told her it's for an engagement. She showed him some he would like and even chose some but he's always asking for my opinion. The lady even mistaken me as his fiance! So, I walk away from them again.

I went to the corner away from them and something caught my attention. It was a collection of rings. It was all golden and their designs promises forever. Infinity rings. It was a collection of different designs. One was aligned with white stones. One was inserted in a band, the infinite design was laced with red stones. One is a series of infinity symbols formed in a band.

"You like those?"

"Uh-huh!" I said with a nod, eyeing the one that got my heart.

"Miss, can we have a look for those?"

I was brought back to my senses when I heard him say it. The lady take it out of the glass cabinet and placed it in front of us. He picked the infinity design that had a small stud of stones on the half of the symbol.

"This one?"

I nod to him and focus my eyes again on the most simple design amongst the rings. It's simply an infinity ring with no stone attached. It was simply stunning!

"You like that one?"

"Yes." I said without looking back to him.

"Why?"