Chapter 9: Round Two

He showed me his apartment, which was spacious, and filled with every amenity known to man. He had the largest television I had ever seen, two bedrooms, a home office, one and a half bathrooms, a huge kitchen, and an equally big living room. The dining room looked so elegant, the whole place did.

Again, it looked like something out of a magazine. There was nothing personal. No pictures adorned the walls. There were no magnets on the refrigerator. There also wasn't a thing out of place, and I watched curiously as Elijah changed his clothes.

He put his dirty clothes into a hamper.

Something I never do.

The view was great though. Watching Elijah undress has quickly become my all-time favorite thing to do.

We both changed clothes; I got out of my Ground Round uniform, and Elijah changed into some jeans. He looked fuckhot wearing a button down shirt and slacks by the way. Then Elijah spoke on the phone for a while and tried to get us plane tickets.

He's still on the phone.

And I still couldn't believe that he asked me to marry him.

Okay, so we agreed to do it for Nanny, but I personally hope the woman lives forever.

That day he visited, I didn't want him there. I knew it was one of my worse days. I usually hit my peak the third day of my period. I'm moody and have such a heavy flow that I am just miserable. I just missed him so much that I didn't care.

Then, after he left-I cried myself to sleep. I didn't go to school the next morning, and dragged myself out of bed to go to work. Regardless of personal matters, I still needed money. On my way to work I bumped into Felix, and I thought Elijah felt sorry for me again-giving me a car.

I threw a fit, then decided that after work I was going to drive down to his place and give him a piece of my mind, all which went out the window when my eyes landed on him.

I don't know what it is about him.

He asked me to marry him and I barely had to think about it before I said yes. What the fuck else do I have going for me? Here's this beautiful man-this gorgeous man, willing to do practically anything for me, and he wants me, wants me to marry him.

Plus, I'm still obsessed with him. I'm always thinking about him.

And a small part of me thinks that maybe he thinks about me too.

This whole thing is bittersweet though. I mean, we're doing this for Nanny since it's her dying wish, but we won't be doing this in front of Nanny. That part doesn't make sense.

However, there were three things I was absolutely sure of. One, Elijah was a criminal. Two, there was a part of him, and I'm not sure how dominant that part might be, that actually wanted to marry me, and three I am unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.

Or it could be lust. So I guess that means I'm really not too sure. Huh?

I suck.

All I know is that he is in every thought, every dream, or I'm thinking about ways to see him, if he's not around. My mind is constantly in an Elijah haze. All thoughts lead back to him.

Right now I didn't really have to think though. He's pacing right in front of me, trying to get tickets on the next flight.

"Elijah?" I asked.

He held up a finger while he walked away from me.

I pat Brutus' behind and stood from the couch. I followed him into the kitchen.