Rorik's eyes widened at first before he began to smile, amused by the sight. He watched as his father cracked his neck, just before glaring down at the man lying at his feet.

"Tell King Olaf I agree, but I too have a condition. I want to see with my own eyes that King Harald is still alive," He demanded in a stern tone, causing Rorik to smile slightly.

He watched as the man was lifted from the ground, just before he was dragged away.

"Valhalla can wait," Bjorn announced, turning to exchange a look with his son before he walked away.

______

At Lagertha's farm, Gyda stood in her grandmother's home alongside Lagertha and the women who had traveled there just days before when their own village was attacked.

"As you all must know, there is a group of bandits who are attacking the villages around here. They might attack us, so we should be prepared," Lagertha announced to the group in a loud tone, "Some of you were shield-maidens. You don't forget how to fight. Probably we fought together before the walls of Paris, if you can still remember?"

"Of course, Lagertha," One of the women replied as she smiled at the thought.

"You must still have your shields and your weapons stored somewhere. Now, we all have to fight again. The women more than the men," Lagertha continued to explain and Gyda smiled at the thought, "You boys, you could be look-outs. You can tell us when the bandits are around. And you girls, you look after the animals. Yes?"

"Yes, Lagertha," The girls replied in unison alongside Thyra, who was smiling widely.

"You men. You are not so old," She replied, glancing over at the elderly men who sat at another part of the room, "You can still be useful, can't you?"

"Yes, we can," One of the men responded as the women laughed in amusement.

"I need you to build better protection for our stores. Think of our stores as our gold. We can't live without it, so we must defend it with our lives," Lagertha continued on and everyone murmured in agreement, "Also, I want everyone to go into the woods, and cut suitable staves for making bows and arrows. But do all these things quickly. There isn't much time."

"Lagertha, it doesn't matter what we do," A woman spoke up and shook her head, "We can't beat the bandits. You know that. We will all die."

"You're right. We will die," A voice suddenly spoke up, causing the group to turn to see it was Gyda, "But it doesn't have to be when the bandits attack us unless we make it so."

Lagertha smiled as she walked over to Gyda, wrapping an arm around the girl.

_____

Later that day, Gyda walked over to where Thyra and Erik sat together, making arrow tips for the arrows they were in charge of making. She smiled at the sight, knowing their mother had been the one who had taught them how to do so.

She stopped behind her two youngest siblings and wrapped her arms around them. "How is it going?" She asked and both children nodded.

"Quite well," Thyra answered in a calm tone, "Far better than the other children. They don't know what they're doing."

"Well, not all of them have experience with making arrow tips as the two of you are," Gyda reminded them and Erik lifted his head to give his sister a curious look.

"Will the bandits attack soon?" Erik asked, a curious look on his face.

"Grandmother says they might not attack at all," Gyda answered and Thyra nodded in understanding, "In any case, you mustn't be afraid. Firstly, because we will all look after you. And secondly, because you are Viking, my dear brother. We are the son and daughters of two of the greatest warriors who ever walked this land."