11: Dean and The Big Bad Wolf

Start from the beginning

She still looked confused as ever. "No...?"

"Munchausen Syndrom by Proxy," Sam answered.

She raised her arms in annoyance. "How the Hades am I supposed to know that?"

Sam's eyebrows scrunched. "Didn't you go to college?"

Persie huffed, crossing her arms. "Uh, yeah, for like two minutes and for Marine Biology!"

Dean laughed. "Marine Biology? Really, Kelpie?"

She shrugged. "Would pay the bills, you know?"

"Okay, okay, so say all these years Callie's been suffering silently because no one knows the truth about what her Stepmother did?" Sam interjected.

"And after all this time she just got angrier, forcing her spirit to lash out?" Persie added. When the brothers nodded, she let out a sigh of relief. She was starting to get the hang of this spirit stuff. She was definitely no Nico D'Angelo AKA Ghost King, but she was still kinda badass and wanted to get this right.

"Right. Meanwhile, she has to listen to her dad tell her all these deranged stories about a rabid wolf or a cannibalistic old lady, it's enough to drive anyone nuts," Dean said.

Persie crossed her arms. "So how do we stop her? It's not like she's dead, and her father's keeping her alive."

Dean snorted. "Makes it a bit hard to burn the bones."

"You think?" Sam said sarcastically.

Suddenly, the doors to the Emergency Room drop-off busted open, and an elderly woman covered in what looked like canine bites was wheeled in.

"Okay, what's her status?" A doctor asked, coming running from behind the desk.

"72-year-old female sustained several lacerations and puncture wounds," the EMT answered. "BP is 80 over 40 and falling. Sinus tachycardia."

"What was the last story Dr. Garrison was reading to Callie in the room?" Persie asked the brothers, as they watched the woman be wheeled behind the doors into what would most likely be an operation.

If she lived that long.

"Little Red Riding Hood," Sam said, just as Dean started walking determinedly toward the ER.

He reached the doors just in time to see a white sheet being placed over the old woman.

"Excuse me!" he called out to one of the EMTs who was walking over to the desk. "Was she the only victim?"

"She was found by the side of the road, barely alive," the EMT answered. "Alone."

So where was Little Red?

Sam spoke up, "We need to find her next of kin."

"Yeah, she has a granddaughter."

A whoosh of air left Persie's chest. "Do you have an address?"

He nodded, pulled out a piece of paper, and wrote it down for them, before handing it off and walking away.

Dean took the paper from his hand and shoved it into his coat pocket. Turning to the other two, he said, "Hey, you find a way to stop Callie, okay?"

"What about you?" Sam asked, his face scrunching up in worry.

Persie ran a hand down her face, just knowing he was about to embark on a solo suicide mission.

"I'm gonna go stop the Big Bad Wolf," Dean's grin faltered slightly at the words. "Which is the weirdest thing I've ever said."

Persie rolled her eyes. "I highly doubt that, hotshot."