Mina POV

The words, "You will be mine." rung in my ear. Bambam was one of the suitors for an arranged marriage but I cut it off since he was getting too obsessed. His fantasy of us being together and having kids, living as a "happy" family was all one-sided. We didn't need his company anyways, he was just another spoiled boy, looking to boost his image.

I washed away these thoughts with another that was bothering my mind, the worry in her eyes opened a path for me to stay, but taking that path was long and risky, something I wasn't ready to take...yet. I needed to get away, spend less time with her, to focus on work because that was the only way to pass time. I could bury myself in loads of work, contracts, meetings, anything, just to keep my mind off of her...but nothing worked.

She would always be that one soft spot, that one corner, that one favorite room that you would love to return to.

It's been a month since we last spoke, a month since she last called my name, and a month since I've felt less alone. In one week we would be going to Korea, to live together in our new home, I hope that for one year, these feelings won't spill. I hope that in one year...I will not fall for Son Chaeyoung.

- - -

"Mina!" I turn around to see a short girl wearing a light blue blouse and white shorts. She smiles, "Chaeyoung." I say. "Hey Mina, it's been some time." She says and I nod. "Let's go." I say and she follows.

We boarded the plane to Seoul, it was a pretty short flight but was filled with loud silence. She cut her hair again, her beautiful black hair now shortened to just below her shoulders. It always amazes me on how someone could look so nice with any hairstyle. I let out a small sigh and looked out the window watching the clouds pass by. How their whispyness just flows with the breeze, if only life was that easy.

"Mina." A soft voice called, "Mina, we're here." I woke up to see a familiar face, pretty. "You fell asleep." She helped me up, "Th-thanks." I say, slowly returning to my original state. "I'm excited to see the house! I've only seen pictures, I can't wait to see it in real life!" Chaeyoung bounces.

We arrive at the house and it is breathtaking, it's modern yet elegant, updated to the 21st century, but something out of a fairytale story. "Come on! Let's go inside!" Chaeyoung runs to the front door. "Would you like to do the honors?" She asks me and I look at her, puzzled. "Your birthday." She says and I look at the keypad. "19972403" I typed in as the keypad made an approving beeping sound. "You did a marvelous job." I gasp. "Thank you." She gasps as well, amazed by her work.

We walk around the house, checking room by room, in awe of the hard work put into every detail.

We end up back at the entrance and in front of a table with the official marriage document. Chaeyoung steps forward first, signing her signature. I then step up to the table getting ready to sign the paper, but my pen hovers over the signature line, "Are you sure, is this what you really want?" I ask, hesitating. "Anything to save my parents." She smiles and I turn around and sign the papers.

"I do." Chaeyoung says and I turn around once again, confused, "That's what all married couples say right?" She asks and I nod. "I'm sorry that there's nothing special or that we don't have a wedding or anything." She apologizes. "You don't have to be sorry, we don't need a wedding and besides it's only for a year." I say and for a slight second, the light in her eyes seemed to die down. "I know, but it's my first time getting "married" and it's your first time getting "married" to a girl, I want it to be memorable. " She sighs and reaches into her pocket and pulls out a velvet box. "I got this during our walk near Osaka Castle, it's not much but...I thought it would look beautiful on your finger." She said and I opened the box. A silver ring with a penguin as the head. It wasn't too much, but not too little, the penguin was plain, all silver as well, like geometric art that suited my taste very well.

 It wasn't too much, but not too little, the penguin was plain, all silver as well, like geometric art that suited my taste very well

~the ring~

"You didn't have to..." I gasped, "I know, but I wanted to." She smiled and I slipped the ring on my finger.

"D-do you like it?" She asks, worried that my answer may be no. "I don't like it..." I say. "Oh." She sulks. "I love it." I smile, a real smile. "Thank you Chaengie." The feeling of butterflies flew around in my stomach, how can this one small ring make me feel this way?

I put my arms around her, pulling her into a hug, another I've missed. An "oh" left her lips as her body engulfed in mine. "May I pronounce them wife and wife, now you may hug your bride." She whispered, resting her chin on my shoulder. I smiled, "WOW! THIS PLACE IS AMAZING!!!" A loud voice entered the house and I panicked and pushed Chaeyoung away. "Oh, you're here already." I say putting my hands behind my back.

"Yeah...what were you two doing." Sana asked with a suspicious eye. "Nothing." I say and she shakes her head. "No, you two were definitely doing something." She says, but Tzuyu cut in, "Let's let them be for now, they did just get married." She smiled and Chaeyoung blushed. "O. My. Goodness." Momo came in. "This place is the definition of gorgeous." Dahyun said. "You really did an awesome job Chae!" Dahyun says running over to give Chaeyoung a hug. Is it weird that I'm feeling a bit of envy? A bit of jealousy?

"When did you start wearing rings, Mina?" Sana asks, pointing to the silver jewlery on my ring finger. "Um, I-I always wear rings." I stutter, an obvious lie. "When did you ever wear rings before Mina?" Momo says, not believing me, she reaches for my hand. "I got it for her." Chaeyoung says, walking to my side, taking my hand before Momo could, they look back from Chaeyoung and me. "Uh" I mutter. "What are you two? Married?" Tzuyu chuckles, making a joke but then realizes, "Oh wait, you two are married now!" Emphasizing the "are". "Chaeyoung do you have a ring?" Dahyun asks. "No." She responded, "I only got one for Mina." She said.

They all start to smile, "It's okay, you can just say that you're whipped." Sana says, giving a wink. "I'm not!!" Chaeyoung whines and I smile. "What the heck is happening?" Sana asked slowly looking from me to Chaeyoung, enunciating every word, surprised like she just saw something new for the first time. "Huh?" I quickly suppressed my emotions. "How about we give them some alone time, Tzuyu and Dahyun, why don't you show us around!" Momo says pushing everyone out.

Chaeyoung let out a laugh, "What?" I ask, giving a small glare. "You're cheeks are so red?" She says and I roll my eyes but then put my hand to my cheek to feel the burning heat, "Oh shut up." but Chaeyoung keeps laughing, I smile. "Are you sure you're not falling for me?" Chaeyoung asked and I paused, what is she doing to me?

- - - - -

Heyoooo! It's pengu hehe, how have you all been? Mina may be falling for Chaeyoung's charms, but can she keep away for one year? "It's just a business deal" though right? No hard feelings... Anyways! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!. - Pengu <3