Chapter 4

- Your eyes meet mine and something clicks, something open, something uncovers -

Chaeyoung POV

We arrive at the hotel to drop our stuff off before having lunch together with Momo and Sana. I'm kind of nervous to meet her friends before meeting her, but Dahyun assures me that everything will be fine.

We arrived at this small and cozy cafe, the vibes in this place just felt very warm. "Dahyunieeee!" A voice says from one of the tables. She had short hair and bangs, taller than Dahyun but not as tall as Tzuyu. She ran to hug Dahyun and Dahyun hugged back, "I missed you so much unnie!" She said squeezing tighter. "I missed you too my little tofu." Momo said. "Hey Tzuyu!" She gave her a short hug, "And you must be Chaeyoung." She said and gave me a hug too. "And you must be Momo." I say and give a smile. "Hey Tzuyu." I heard someone say in a flirtatious voice, "Oh god." Tzuyu says annoyed and rolls her eyes. "Yah, maybe if you roll your eyes again, you'll find a brain back there" She says, hitting Tzuyu. "Well, at least I have a brain." Tzuyu says teasing back. "Made for each other." Dahyun mouths at me and I nod with a smile.

"So, Chaeyoung, when are you meeting with Mina?" Momo asks. "Tonight." I say. "Do you know what she's like? I mean I've never met her before and I don't want to upset her in any way." I ask and Sana laughs. "You're too cute Chaeyoung." Sana says. "Just be yourself, and don't worry, if you don't go through with marrying her, my doors always open." Sana says and winks at me. "Ow!" She exclaims looking under the table, most likely Tzuyu stepped on her foot. "Don't mind Sana, but do be yourself, Mina is pretty mellow, she's kind of hard to get close to, but once you do, she's really sweet and kind." Momo says. "Is there anything that she really likes? I'm planning to get her a gift before meeting her." I say. "Aww, that's cute." Momo says, "Hmm, she really likes penguins and the color purple." Momo says.

"Thank you so much Momo-unnie." I say. "No problem, you seem like a really nice girl Chaeyoung, maybe the perfect person for Mina, it may not seem like that at first, but it takes a lot of time." Momo says. "Thank you, thank you." I say and we finish the rest of lunch before heading back to the hotel. Dahyun decided to stay with Momo longer and Sana somehow convinced Tzuyu to bring her back home which was perfect since I still had to prepare for meeting Ms. Mina.

On the way back to the hotel, I pass by this flower shop and decide to get Mina some flowers, I mean it's the most classic thing to do, right? I leave the shop with a bouquet of purple geraniums. I get home and change into something formal but not too formal and call my mom to talk more about why we are in an arranged marriage. She explains that they are in debt and I am immediately in shock. I tell them I can work to get them money and that we don't have to drag another family into our problems, but it would take years and years for me to work to get the money. I felt bad that they had to struggle while being in debt, so I agree to do whatever I can to help.

About an hour later, I find myself in front of these tall black gates, one more step into a new life.

Mina POV

I shouldn't be nervous, I was never nervous when meeting the other suitors. I got a text from Momo.

Dancing Mochine 🤖💕:

I just met Chaeyoung and she is really cute, Sana almost snatched her haha. She is very nice and kind, I think you'll like her. Good luck! And please try to smile 😂😊

She must be amazing, I think to myself. I found out that Chaeyoung was the lead architect in the building of my new house and building in Korean and when I looked at the blueprint designs, I was super impressed. All of them were tied perfectly to my taste and I had trouble choosing between them since I enjoyed all of them equally as much.