"Let me settle this shit and no one would need-"

"Are you questioning me?" Silas snaps, locking eyes with Wayne and releasing his aura. Both Wayne and Peter flinch at the unwelcome energy but it accomplishes it's goal and forces Wayne to back down.

"I will not repeat this again. Peter handles half of the smaller packs, if you feel the need to pick a fight with someone then try one of your rouges. After the war you guys can settle this all you want but for now, leave it!" Silas is trembling in anger as he rips into Wayne, though his dark gaze shifts between both men. 

Wayne for his part looks ready to explode whereas Peter regained his stony facade the moment Silas entered.

"As for you, Luna," Silas sneers in my direction. My heart starts to hammer and instinctively I inch towards Peter. "Dimitri may have a point, there is no evidence you were involved, but you and I both know the truth. You're playing with fire and you're going to get burned."

The promise in his dark eyes sends a chill down my spine with his words hanging heavy in the air. I can't control my emotions as fear digs it's dirty claws into me. Things are coming to a head way faster than I expected and I can't see my exit strategy. That terrifies me.

"Take her back to her room, I can't stand the sight of her," he orders.

"Of course," Peter agrees, not needing to be told twice. He pulls the chair out for Nikita and guides her ahead with a hand on the small of her back.

The sight sets me on edge again but I swallow my temper and follow them out, only too eager to get some space between me and Silas. 

No words are spoken as we head upstairs. We make a slight detour and drop Nikita off at what I assume is Peter's room. Once she locks the door, he turns away and heads off to Dimitri’s room. Thankfully we walk in silence, because my thoughts are all over the place. 

Peter has been the closest thing to a rock around here for me, but to see her wearing his collar makes me sick. 

Yet seeing how he is with her, how he makes sure she’s taken care of, I can't help but wonder if he's not doing it to protect her in some fucked up way. When he drops me off, he waits long enough to make sure Dimitri is there before leaving.

"Take a seat," Dimitri orders as soon as the door closes behind me. His icy blue gaze locks on me as I take a seat on a chair across from him on the couch. "It took some doing but they can see it wasn't you, no matter how much Silas wants to blame you."

"Thanks," I whisper, keeping my gaze low. The smell of booze is strong on his breath, leaving my stomach unsettled. He swirls a glass of amber liquor before tossing it back and getting up.

"Drink?" He asks, walking behind me to refill his glass.

"No thanks," I say, trying to be polite. Warning bells are sounding in my brain as I take in his inebriated state. 

He's far from falling down drunk but well into the uninhibited stage and that's not where I want to be with him.

I hear him pour his drink and shuffle back behind me. My heart stops when he steps up to me. Every muscle I have tenses painfully as he leans over the chair and puts a heavy hand on my shoulder.

"You need to relax Jess, loosen up some," he mumbles, giving my shoulder a squeeze. The contact has the opposite effect, making me go as stiff as a board. My heart hammers as he drops his face to the crook of my neck and nuzzles my hair, taking in my scent.

"Dimitri," I warn, inwardly cursing how weak my voice sounds.

"Jess," he whispers, brushing my hair back from my neck and grazing his lips against it. “My scent on you is driving me insane.”