57 Anger Issues

A/N- Trigger warning assault, if you are sensitive, please skip this chapter.

I look around the table nervously as time slows down. It feels like an eternity since Massimo and Silas left to go to Dimitri’s room.

"What's the matter, bunny? You look a little nervous," Wayne says with a sinister smile. 

I stiffen at his words, mentally scolding myself for letting my nerves show. With a slow deep breath I push it all aside and focus on the long game.

"Nothing to say, bunny?" Wayne sneers, nudging my shoulder. 

"Don't touch me!" I growl, shaking off his contact. I narrow my gaze at him but the excitement dancing in his dark eyes is unsettling, like a wolf stalking a rabbit.

"Aww, it's cute when you get riled up," he growls with delight.

"Back off Wayne," Peter warns. His brown eyes lock on Wayne's in a dangerous challenge.

"What's that Beta boy, don't forget who you are talking to," Wayne snaps, instantly on his feet. Already his temper flares at the perceived slight, leaving his energy shifting dangerously.

Peter slowly stands up, as though he hasn't got a care in the world and takes a sip of his drink before setting it down. With measured movements, he turns his attention back to Wayne, letting his boredom and irritation shine clearly through his normally stony facade.

"How can I possibly forget who I'm talking to," Peter replies with an air of disgust.

My breath hitches as the tension in the air thickens to unbearable levels. Every muscle in my body is drawn tight, holding me in my seat between the two angry, escalating males.

"Watch you're fucking mouth mutt," Wayne growls, towering above me as he moves towards to Peter.

My heart hammers as the men crowd me, inching closer to blows. Everything in me screams to get away from them but the smallest voice in the chaos warns that if I move I could set everything off.

"Or what?" Peter asks, his voice is even, not challenging, but letting Wayne know he's drawing the line. Slowly Peter's stoic aura saturates the area, pushing back Wayne's chaotic, unpredictable energy. 

"Move Jess." His eyes never leave Wayne as he steps back for me to slip out.

Thank god!

Slowly, I slip out of my chair and back away to a safe distance. No sooner am I out of my chair, Wayne whips it out of the way, moving closer to Peter. He doesn't flinch or back down, just keeps his gaze trained on him.

"You think your Alpha will protect you? Get back to licking his boots like a good little dog," Wayne snaps. He's shaking in anger as his rage mounts with every moment that Peter doesn't react or stand down.

"What you and Silas do behind closed doors is none of my business," Peter replies, not missing a beat. There's a glint in his eyes that screams satisfaction as he watches Wayne melt down.

"Fucking mutt," Wayne snarls. My eyes are wide and glued to the scene in front of me as his sanity and resolve break. Faster than I can fathom, Wayne launches himself at Peter.

His first punch is sloppy with rage and Peter easily blocks it before delivering a powerful punch to his chest, forcing him to stagger back. Wayne snarls in outrage and launches another attack, but before it lands the doors crash open.

"Enough," Silas snarls, derailing Wayne’s attack. "Do I have to supervise you all the fucking time?!" 

I have yet to see Silas in a good mood but whatever he went upstairs for clearly set him back. His energy is boiling and thankfully his current ire is focused on Wayne.