38 FML

Dimitri drags me upstairs as soon as lunch is done. The look in his eye's warn that I'm not in for a fun time. My heart races as my mind remembers my ex having the same look in his eyes.

He shoves me through the door, slamming and locking it behind us. I stumble, trying to catch my balance, instead crashing into a chair but somehow staying upright.

"What the fuck was that?" He snaps, cold blue eyes locked on mine as he closes the gap. "I asked you a question Jess," he growls.

"What was what?" I ask, not sure exactly what he's getting at.

"That stunt at the table. A fucking hunger strike?" He snarls towering over me.

"I swear, it wasn't!" I say, pleading. "I get sick if I eat the wrong things," I trail off. The outraged look in his eyes cut off all explanations.

"How you act out there reflects directly back on me, your childish actions make me look like I don't have control of you," he snaps inches from my face.

My heart pounds in my chest and I can't look away. Slowly I swallow hard and gather my scrambled thoughts, trying one last time to make him understand.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you look bad, but I get very sick if I eat the wrong thing," I say, keeping my tone even. He growls and walks away from me, pacing in the room. "I thought it better to not eat instead of risking eating it and throwing up at the table."

"Jezus Christ Jess, stop being so dramatic," he groans as he stops to glare at me. "It's food, be happy we're feeding you!"

"I'm not," I say, begging him to believe me.

"Enough!" He snaps, spinning to face me. "Dinners at six, don't be late and don't pull any more of your shit! I have to go work, don't leave the room, someone will pick you up." He doesn't wait for a reply before storming out and slamming the door shut.

I'm frozen in place, staring at the door for a moment or two after he left. Everything is going from bad to worse. There's nearly five hours until dinner, so I head to the bathroom to see if I can find any pain killers. No luck there or anywhere in the rest of the room, so I drink a bunch of water, and curl up on the couch for a nap.

After a bit of sleep the pain gets to the point that I can't sleep any more. I get up to check the door and nearly fall as a wave of dizziness hits me. Slowly and on shaky legs I make it to the door and crack it to see who's out there. No luck as a handful of random warriors are sitting, playing cards, none of which look friendly.

I head back to the couch after wetting a cold cloth and lay back down. Sleep won't take me but I rest in the quiet dark room keeping the migraine from getting any worse.

A knock on the door makes me sit up and Sasha slips in a moment later. She takes one look at me and knows something is wrong.

"What happened?" she asks, sitting next to me.

"Migraine, and I couldn't find anything," I say, rubbing my eyes. 

"My sister gets those," she says sympathetically. "I'm afraid there's nothing I can do for them, only someone like Dimitri can get the medication you'll need."

"Fantastic," I groan. I get up and stand wobbling for a moment before she takes my hand to steady me. So far it's not too bad, I can handle the pain, but the tunnel vision and dizziness is harder to manage, particularly when it comes to walking.

Sasha says nothing more and leads us out. The seamingly simple trip to the dining hall proves anything but; I nearly fall several times on the stairs. Thankfully Sasha and our warrior escort catch me each time. She drops me off at my seat and quickly takes her spot beside Silas. Already the table is in full conversation about the afternoons event.