This past month has been extremely difficult, I miss Khawlah and my family. I just want to go home to them.

I called Ziraar bhai a week ago and he said everything is going ok, the UN is helping him protect the villagers. I didn't have it in me to tell him what happened with Vladimir so I just told him he has other work to do.

When in fact he left me, left me all alone in an unknown country to fight this case. Ya Allah I know he cares, he told me he loves me but he still left.

Just as I tidied up the papers a knock resonated through the room, I always forget McDonalds is right outside.

"Inaya"

I opened the door for him and snatched the McFlurry out of his hands instantly.

"Here's everything you wanted" he smiled placing the rest of the food on the small 2 person dining table.

"Thank you"

He took a seat opposite me and began eating to. We've been working for a few hours non stop and what I've learnt about Vadim over the past few weeks is that he needs a meal every 2 hours to stay alive.

I immediately dipped a chip into the McFlurry, the savoury sweet taste enticing my taste buds. Vadim's face scrunched in disgust.

"That's disgusting zolovka"

"Try it please" I begged stuffing a chip into his face. He swatted it away and gagged.

" your cravings are getting weirder, yesterday you dipped your crisps into a vanilla milkshake"

No one can beat that I swear to God I will have that again and again because it's that good.
"That was amazing I'm telling you"

"It must be your time of the month" he chuckled, I almost laughed with him when my body froze. I haven't had my period yet, I'm never late, no Allah no.

Vadim noticed my frozen movements and placed his food back down worriedly.
"What happened"

"I-I missed my period" I stuttered standing up, this can't be right, maybe it's the food, maybe it's because I've eaten so much fried food. It has to be.

"Zolovka, don't lie to me"

I shook my head no still attempting to come up with a reasonable explanation.

Vadim jumped up in excitement, the biggest smile taking over his features. He was about to run around like crazy when he again noticed my worried state.

"Aren't you happy" he asked sitting next down on the sofa so I didn't collapse.

"He left me Vadim, I'm going to be a single mother of 2"

I can't do this Allah, I can't, I can barely look after myself right now. And when I go home it'll only be worse, even though mum and dad will help me rumours will spread. He impregnated me and left.

"He will come back" he said with certainty but I still don't believe him. If he can leave me after saying I love you why would he come back for our baby.

"I'm going to go to bed, I'll see you tomorrow please don't tell him" I mumbled throwing the rest of the food in the bin, I'm starting to feel sick.

Vadim grabbed his food and placed his hand on my head in pity "I'm here for you Inaya don't forget that ok"

....

I was awoken by a loud knocking on the door. I hurriedly wrapped a scarf around my head and opened the door to see Vadim. He still looks overly excited from yesterday's news. I don't even know how I feel anymore.