Chapter 47

That one week became a month, I was unable to gather more information so they gave me more time but now it's up.

My final deadline is tomorrow and  we still don't have enough information to take him down. The stress of has not only affected me mentally I'm now feeling physically sick. Ya Allah, help me.

The only good thing that has happened is 2 weeks ago Vadim came to help, I couldn't believe it was him and not Vladimir.

He still hasn't called or even asked about me, stop it Inaya! I need to forget about him.

I'm already unwell so I can't allow my mental health to fall further. There's still things to do.

Pushing the thoughts away I turned to Vadim, we've been sat in this small living room for hours now trying to find more evidence.

"We need to call Vladimir" Vadim mumbled frustratedly, I immediately nodded no. I don't want to speak to him or hear his voice, it's going to hurt to much.

"No, we don't"

"Zolovka we don't have enough evidence and I can bet Vladimir has something he's forgotten about" he sighed flicking through the pages of documents we've gone over so many times.

The memory stick with all the video footage on it was not enough, the USA claimed they were trying to help like always  and Pakistan said the same.

Apparently they were attempting to protect us from the Taliban. Lying asses!

"Ok but I'm not here" I said quickly taking a seat closer to him, l know hearing his voice is going to break me but I need to, I need to know he's ok. He nodded his head dialled the number.

"Hello" Vladimir mumbled tiredly. Ya Allah, my heart beat escalated upon just hearing his voice.

"Vladimir we need help"

"What happened, is she-"

"No we need more evidence by tomorrow if we don't go to court with some evidence they're going to kick the case" Vadim said, we really don't have time.

" I gave her everything" he growled frustratedly, I can hear him pacing through the phone.

"There must be something else"

The line went silent for a few minutes, the only thing being heard through the line is the rustling of paper. Suddenly he gasped.

"Fuck yes, I have messages with him and a damn contract, how could I have forgotten" he chuckled, oh thank Allah.

"Thank God, we're going to need that" Vadim sighed in relief, over the past month his face has become more sunken and he looks weaker. I feel so guilty for dragging him into this situation.

"I'll take a picture"

"No no we need it here physically by tomorrow morning" Vadim hurried shaking his head, we don't have time and I doubt the judge will accept a picture. Vladimir hung up. Ya Allah. What if he can't send it over in time.

Hearing his voice has made me weak once again, don't you dare cry Inaya, I reprimanded. I want him to be with me again, I want everything to go back to the way it was on the boat.

I felt loved and cared for, I felt as if he would stay with me forever.

I leaned back on the sofa as Vadim stood up, he grabbed his wallet and headed towards the door "I'll go get some dinner"

"I want a McFlurry and fries please"

Dopamine instantly rushed into my brain, I quickly sat up excitedly. I've been craving this for ages. Vadims lip lifted mock disgust before he left and locked the door.