The Birthday

~Third Person Pov~

Caitlyn wakes up to see Barry holding a breakfast tray in his hands. She sits up in her bed.

"Good morning sunshine." Barry smiled

He sits the tray of food down in front of her. Caitlyn looks down at the food.

"Why do I get breakfast in bed?" She questioned

"It's your birthday silly." He replied

After Caitlyn ate she went to her closet to pick out an outfit. Barry walks out of the room while she gets dressed. She picked out the outfit she wanted and put it on. She walked out of her bedroom to the bathroom. She brushed her teeth and brushed her hair. She walked down stairs and Barry greeted her. He had a bouquet of flowers in his arms. He handed her the flowers. She thanked him by bringing him close and connecting their lips. The kiss didn't last that long. They broke apart and went to see Emily in the living room. Emily ran to her sister and pulled her into a hug. Emily handed Caitlyn a little box with a bow on it.

"Open it!" Emily exclaimed

Caitlyn tore open the wrapping paper and opened the little box. Inside the box was a picture album of her family. Caitlyn thanked her sister.

"Barry has a present for you too!" Emily announced

They hear the door bell ring. Barry takes Caitlyn's arm and guides her toward the front door. He opens the door and she sees her parents both standing there with open arms. Caitlyn was about to cry but, she ran towards her mother and  father and wrapped her arms around them. Her parents walked into the house and gave Emily a hug. Her parents turn towards Barry and smile.

"So this is the young man who makes our daughter so happy." Caitlyn's father said

"So who called you guys?" Caitlyn asks

Caitlyn's mother and father point to Barry. Caitlyn shakes her head and gave Barry a hug. Caitlyn hadn't seen her mother and father in so long. She hadn't seen them since the day she moved to Central City.

"Why weren't you guys here when I arrived?" Caitlyn questioned

"Well sweetie we went on vacation to Jamaica." Her mother retorted

Emily leads her parents into the living room and they sit on the couch. Barry sits on the love seat. Caitlyn walks into the kitchen to make her parents some tea. When the tea started steeping Caitlyn took it off the stove and poured it into a pitcher. She poured her mother and father a cup and brought it into the living room. She handed them the tea and sat on the arm of the love seat.

"Mr. and Mrs. Snow please tell us about your time in Jamacia." Barry said

"Ok, but please call me Carla." She replied

Carla and Thomas were canoeing through the lakes of Jamacia when a bald eagle sores over them. Thomas leaned over the boat to get a good picture. While he was doing this he didn't relize he was tipping the boat. The boat tipped over on Carla and Thomas. Luckily his camera was water proof and they safely made it back to land. They told stories for a couple more minitues. At the end of the last story they heard the door bell ring. Caitlyn looked at Barry

"Barry who else did you invite....did you invite Cisco?" She questioned

"Um I haven't invited Cisco yet." He replied

Barry got up off the couch to see who was there. But, when he got up Thomas stopped him and said, "I can do it..just relax." Barry went back over to the love seat not wanting to be rude. Caitlyn's dad opened the door and Caitlyn turned her head to see who it was. Who walked in was Erick Johnston. Caitlyn got up off the love seat and ran to the door and embraced Erick into a hug. It had been ages since she'd seen him.    Thomas lead him into the living room and Erick took a seat on the sofa. Caitlyn went back to sitting by Barry.

"So how's the family." Erick asked

"We just got back from Jamacia." Caitlyn's father responded

Barry was so confused. Who was this guy and what was he doing here. He was about to ask when Erick said,"So who's that." He pointed to Barry
Erick took a sip of the tea that Caitlyn had brought him.

"I'm Caitlyn's Boyfriend Barry." He explained

Erick started to choke on his tea he currently was sipping. Caitlyn's dad patted him on the back.  It had gotten kind of awkward since Erick walked in the door. But then all of a sudden Barry had the craziest idea.

"Hey how about we got to the Amusement Park in town and ride some rides." Barry announced

"That sounds amazing." Caitlyn replied

So Caitlyn and Barry drove Emily's car. While Thomas drove his car with Emily, Carla, and Erick. When they arrived Barry walked over to the ticket booth and got everyone some tickets. They decided to travel around the park in pairs Barry went with Caitlyn and Emily went with Erick. Of course Carla went with her husband Thomas. Caitlyn dragged Barry everywhere around the park like a little kid. But, when Barry saw a ice skating ring Caitlyn refused to go.

"Come on Caitlyn it'll be so much fun." He pleaded her

"No it's scary." She replied

Barry picked her up and carried her to the skate rental area. He paid for their skates and went to a bench to put them on. He laced his skates and Caitlyn unwillingly did hers.

"Barry I'm not so sure about this." She said sheepishly

"Come on it'll be fun." He said encouragingly

He grabbed her hand walked into the ice gracefully. They skated around the ice. Caitlyn being a little wobbly at first. But, she got the hang of it after awhile. They both were really cold after awhile so Barry took their skates back to the rental place. They walked out of the skating rink and that's when they both saw cotton candy machience.
They looked into each other's eyes and they both new what they were thinking. They both ran as fast as they could to the machience and stood in line. Finally after the last person was down he ordered two cotton candy sticks. They walked over to a bench and ate their cotton candy in silence.
They had been at the Amusement Park all day. It was starting to get dark. They knew they most likely only had time for one more ride.
So they both scanned the park until they found it. The Ferris Wheel Exspess. The both ran to get in line. When it finally their turn they got in the seat and they started spinning. Wjen they reached the top Barry took his phone out to take a picture of them. He kissed her on the lips for one of the pictures. They looked so cute. After the ride was over they walked to the front gate waiting for Caitlyn's Parents to meet them there with Erick and Emily. When they finally arrived they got in their cars and drove back to the beach house. They arrived at the house and unlocked the door to find the whole place decorated with balloons and a whole bunch of decorations. That's when Caitlyn spotted someone's black hair hiding behind the kitchen counter. It was Cisco. He jumped out of his hiding spot and said,"Happy Birthday Caitlyn."
He embraced her with a hug. Barry went over to the refrigerator and took out Caitlyn's cake. Written on it was "Happy 26th Birthday Caitlyn."
Caitlyn's dad cut the cake and served it to everyone. After the they ate they played party games for a couple hours.
When the clock turned eleven Erick went home first and then Cisco went through his breach outside. When everyone left Caitlyn's Parents went up to their bedroom for bed. Caitlyn walked up to her bedroom and Barry followed after her to tell her goodnight.
Caitlyn got dressed into her favorite sweater and some shorts.  She sat on her bed. Barry came to sit by her. He kissed her on the lips telling her goodnight. Barry walked to the guest bedroom and went to bed.

~○Author's Note○~
This might be my favorite chapter I've written. I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Make sure to comment and vote😀
Thanks, Wolfie❤😄