Chapter 30: The Attack On Lotus Pier

"You were you." 

~JIANG CHENG'S POV~

Jiang Cheng rounded the corner of Lotus Pier, pacing nervously back and forth. He cursed under his breath. Earlier today, one of his disciples had spotted a small entourage of Lanling Jin Sect disciples heading this way. It was clear that Jin Guangyao knew what he had done. And he intended to put a stop to it. 

"Shit, shit, shit..." Jiang Cheng muttered, wringing his hands in frustration. His spiritual energy hadn't fully recovered yet, and at this rate, there was no way it would return before Jin Guangyao came. It was ironic wasn't it? Half of the cultivational world was here, but all of them were like useless toads, sitting there in wait. 

His only real allies, were all gone. Xichen had left for Gusu to notify the elders of the situation at hand. He had promised to come back quickly, but his spiritual energy was low, and he was still recovering from his wounds. 

Wei Ying had dragged Lan Zhan away, saying that they would be exploring the area. What it really meant was that his fool of a brother, wanted to get laid. 

Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes. Some things never changed. 

"Sect Leader Jiang! Sect Leader Jiang!" his head disciple exclaimed, rushing towards him. His face was full of panic, and his hands were trembling nervously. 

"What?" Jiang Cheng barked, the fear breaking through his facade. There was very little that could scare his head disciple. And for him to be this worried, something bad must've happened. 

"Sect Leader Jin was spotted near Yunmeng! He will be here within the hour!" 

"Fuck!" Jiang Cheng growled, narrowing his eyes in concentration. This was bad. This was really bad. Jin Guangyao couldn't have found a better time to strike. Zewu Jun and the Yiling Patriarch were both gone. While the rest of the Sect Leaders were too weak and cowardly to be of any use. That meant it was Jiang Cheng against the whole Lanling Jin Sect. 'Fuck,' he thought, cursing his luck. Jin Guangyao might not have a high level of cultivation, but he was certainly better than Jiang Cheng in his weakened state. "Send a disciple to Lan Xichen. Tell him that Lotus Pier is under attack, and he needs to bring reinforcements." 

"Yes Sect Leader!" 

"When Jin Guangyao gets here, make sure to stall him long enough for Gusu to come."

"Yes Sect Leader!" the young man saluted, as he scurried away to fulfill his orders.  

Jiang Cheng gave a weary sigh. The most important thing now was to get rid of Jin Ling and Jingyi. There was no way he was going to risk his son and nephew getting hurt. Jin Ling was a magnet for trouble, and Jingyi was way to impulsive for his own good. 

No. Jiang Cheng was not going to let them get hurt. He had to get them out of here. 

"Jin Ling? Jingyi?" he called, knocking frantically on the door to their rooms. "Hurry! Get up, let's go!" 

"Uncle?" came Jin Ling's groggy voice? "What's going on?" 

"There's no time, A-ling, let's go. Grab your brother, hurry!" 

"Hey! He's not my brother! He's way to annoying to be my brother!" 

"Shut up," Jingyi groused, thumping Jin Ling on the head. His messy locks and barely opened eyes were indication that he had been sleeping soundly before he was rudely awakened. 

"Mama? What's going on?" he muttered, tilting his head at Jiang Cheng. 

Jiang Cheng felt a rush of fondness surge through him. After his tenth birthday, Jingyi had refused to call Xichen his father, instead addressing him as Zewu Jun. He said that it was too embarrassing to say out in public.