Chapter 7: Why Drag Me Along?

"You're. Coming. With. Me." 

Those four words were all it took for Wei Ying to be dragged out of Cloud Recesses with Lan Zhan in tow. Wei Ying had been unceremoniously tied to his donkey, Lil Apple, and forced to endure the constant jolts and stops of the bumpy road they were traveling on. He was spread out like an eagle and his hands were tied with Lan Zhan's forehead ribbon. It was ridiculous! He looked like a pig ready for the slaughterhouse.

'How humiliating,' Wei Ying thought before opening his mouth and screaming, "YOU FUDDY DUDDY! UNTIE ME AT ONCE," Wei Ying commanded, fuming that he was being reduced to such a standard. 

For god's sake, he was the Yiling Patriarch- the all powerful demonic cultivator! How dare that fuddy duddy tie him to a donkey, like he was some human sacrifice!

"No." Lan Zhan said blankly. 

Wei Ying was furious. He had been tossed out of Cloud Recesses, tied to an ass for most of the way, and had been quite thoroughly embarrassed in front of all the juniors; he was not in the best of moods. 

"YOU MOTHERFUCKERRRRR," Wei Ying screeched, "UNTIE ME AT ONCE!"

"No."

Wei Ying shot Lan Zhan an indignant look, "Well fine. You asked for it," he warned before heaving in a deep breath and hollering, "HELP ME! THIS BEAST IS TRYING TO KIDNAP ME!" he pleaded futilely. "HELP MEEEE!"

It was no use, they had chosen the most barren and lifeless, desolate path possible to travel on. There were no towns or people in sight for miles. Even if Wei Ying screamed to the loudest of his ability, the wind would drown out all of his cries.

"YOU PRICK! STOP BEING SUCH A DICK! LET ME OFF YOU DIMWIT!" he cursed, pissed off by the irony of it all. Wasn't he supposed the be the big bad wolf? Wasn't he the one corrupted by the resent and darkness? Wasn't he the one that was supposed to tie people up and sacrifice them for one of his demonic creations? 

Lan Zhan was always the righteous one. Wei Ying snorted- righteous his ass. Lan Zhan was being a total douchebag at the moment. It was like the ever- honorable Han-Guang Jun had disappeared and all that was left was a childish, immature, scumbag! 

As if hearing his thoughts, Lan Zhan turned around and gave him a pointed look, "Behave," he intoned. 

Wei Ying just glared at him dumbfounded. 'He wants me to behave? BEHAVE?! AFTER WHAT HE PUT ME THROUGH? FUCK NO THE SECOND I GET OUTTA HERE I'M BEATING HIS PALE ASS UP!'  Wei Ying paused, glancing at Lan Zhan's rounded backside, 'It is a very nice ass though...'  he thought before mentally slapping himself, 'stupid Wei Ying, aren't you supposed to hate Lan Zhan's guts? Yea that includes not having dirty thoughts about his ass...' 

'WEI YING,'  that little voice on his immediately shoulder chimed in, 'DON'T BE A THIRSTY BITCH, YOU CAN'T BE THAT EASY TO BAG RIGHT?!' 

'Shut up, I know how to appreciate a good ass when I see one,'  Wei Ying shot back.

'OH WE'RE SO DOOMED... LOOK AT YOU- YOU'RE COMPLETELY WHIPPED!'

'No I'm not, you're just being dramatic.' 

'You idiot, don't you hear yourself? You're being lively for once! I've watched you sit in the darkness for 13 fucking years and NOT ONCE did you smile, NOT ONCE did you complain, NOT ONCE did you smirk, or snort, or procrastinate, or do whatever the fuck you normally do. NOT FUCKING ONCE WEI YING! You just sat there like a stone statue crying your eyes out like a damn baby. Since when did you start acting like the old Wei Ying again?!'

Wei Ying hesitated, the brat seemed to make some sense. Since when did he revert back to the old Wei Ying?

'YOUR DOOMED. COMPLETELY UTTERLY DONE FOR. YOU MIGHT NOT EVEN BE ABLE TO FIND THE OTHER PARTS OF THE CORPSE! YOU'RE PROBABLY GOING TO BE TO BUSY KISSING AND FUCKING THAT FUDDY DUDDY TO CARE!'

'Shut up. I still haven't decided to forgive him yet.'

'Oh you definitely have, you're just playing hard to get.' 

Wei Ying frowned, 'No I'm not. Stop saying that,' he declared sternly.

'Stop lying to yourself, you're obsessed with him...'

"Wei Ying," Lan Zhan suddenly asked, voice full of concern. "What is wrong?"

Wei Ying frowned. You. You're what's wrong. 

"Nothing," he said nonchalantly, trying his best not to look at Lan Zhan. He was scared Lan Zhan would see his bright red face and realize what he had been thinking about. "How much further until we reach the nearest town? I'm hungry," he whined, trying to shift the topic. 

Lan Zhan gazed at him with knowing eyes, "You are?" he asked innocently. "The only food here is me." 

Wei Ying gaped at him. Was the virtuous virgin Han-Guang Jun... talking dirty?!

Lan Zhan seemed to have realized what he said as well, and coughed, ears reddening. A blush creeped up his neck, staining his ever fair complexion. 

Wei Ying burst out laughing, "OH MY GOD LAN ZHAN THAT WAS SO FUCKING CORNY," he cackled, tears flowing from his eyes. He wanted to wipe them off, but since his hands were currently bound, Wei Ying decided to just let the tears roll. 

Lan Zhan frowned at his reaction, "Why are you crying?"

"IT'S TOO FUNNY," Wei Ying giggled, "AHHH THE ALL VIRTUOUS HAN-GUANG JUN IS TALKING DIRTY! THIS IS TOO GOOD! WAIT TILL THE JUNIORS HEAR ABOUT THIS. YOUR REPUTATION IS RUINED LAN ZHAN. COMPLETELY RUINED!" he screeched, laughing without a care in the world.

Watching him, Lan Zhan felt his heart burst with joy. The old Wei Ying was still there, he was just buried under layers of pain and heartache. The layers wrapped around him like a cloak, but Lan Zhan wasn't scared. He would coax the old Wei Ying out from under the callous armor he wore around his heart. Lan Zhan would be patient, until Wei Ying could finally find it in his heart to forgive him. He waited 13 years for his love, he could stand to wait a bit longer. 

In the meantime though, Lan Zhan would be satisfied with these little bursts of glee he got from Wei Ying. 

"Quiet," he grumbled with a small smile on his face as he gazed at Wei Ying with complete devotion and adoration. "We're nearing the town."