Chapter 2

Night was approaching and things were going as planned. As far as Karkat knew. The bus was there on time and the venue was filling up with excited people.
Dave and his band wasn't world renowned but they had a fair share of followers that would come to shows. But Dave seemed happy and proud with that.
Karkats eyes flicked back to the bus. He began helping to pull out the equipment and took it inside.
He placed things down and began to set up things like guitars and mics.
His eyes looked to Dave who was standing with his arm placed around Jades shoulder. He tensed. His eyes falling back to his work. He didn't even want to look the young girl in the face. The pain in his heart was eating at him. He couldn't keep this up forever, could he?
Once he finished setting up with the help of their good friend John. He gave him a thankful glance and then leaned back on his heels. Grabbing the hoops in his pants and pulling them up, being at they fell a bit from all the preparations he had to make. He looked over his shoulder.
Dave was standing alone now. Still wearing those shades from when they were 13. He knew what he looked like without them on. He wasn't sure why he would wear them all day since Dave had the most beautiful eyes he had ever looked at.
He saw the taller more slender man walk to him.
"Hey Karkles." His voice was now deep, it was smooth. It made him shiver. Oh how the way Dave made him feel.
"Hey Dave." He said as he turned to look at him. His neck hair raised a bit. Not from anger or anything but from the sheer intimidation he felt.
"Are you ready for the show?" Karkat asked with a smile.
"Of course I am. You did great with this setup. I'm surprised." He said, his lips curled into a smile. his dimples showed.
Karkat felt his face heat up. God he wanted him to himself. "Thanks. Uh.. good luck." He said swiftly before running out off of the set stage. Embarrassment heated up his cheeks and ears more as he made his way to the backstage bathroom. He only needed a minute to calm himself down. Just to make sure that he wouldn't be embarrassed for the rest of the show. He splashed some water against his cheeks. Making sure no one was in any of the stalls as he sat up on the counter slowly. His hands fell to his thighs as he felt the all familiar pain in his heart, the image of Dave came into his mind. His stupid glasses and his stupid face and his stupid attractive smile.
His legs slowly swung under the counter. His hands trailing through his not so clean black hair, skipping over where his horns were placed. His hair was growing long. He could tell due to it beginning to cover his nubs. But a haircut was not on his mind. It was only Dave. Dave's hands in place of his own, petting through his hair.
He sighed. The bathroom was unusually silent. He could hear his own heartbeat in his ears. His hands going back to his sides.
The door swung open and Karkat felt himself jump a bit and let all the air on his body raise in defense.
"Did I scare ya?" The voice said with an amused tone.
"Dave! That's not funny! You scared me!" His voice was loud but it had a hint of amusement as well. Glad that Dave didn't seem awkward around him after he got flustered in front of him on that stage.
"Shouldn't you be getting ready to preform?" He asked, worrying as he looked around for a clock on the wall.
"Don't worry. We still have some time." He would say, completely nonchalant. How could he not be worried about time.
Karkat watched as Dave moved closer, to where he was standing in front of him. He was no longer smiling. But he seemed content.
Karkat gulped. His ears went red. His eyes fell down to his lap.
"Why do you have to be so nervous?" Dave chuckled. "You've always gone red whenever I got near you." He said and looked up. His smile was clear and Karkat couldn't tell if he was mocking him or if it was a genuine smile.
"Shut up Strider!" Karkat snapped. But he wasn't actually angry at him. He was actually so happy to have him standing so close to him.
Dave's had pressed against Karkats face, and he flinched back slightly. Genuinely surprised by Dave touching him. His human skin was much softer than his own. His own hand trailed up and touched his hand.
"Dave...?" His voice hitched a bit, what was he doing? Why was he touching him, why was he staring at him. His heart beat faster. He was around the same height as him as from sitting on top of the counter.
"Kar.. you know. I've been thinking about what you said back when we were teenagers. When you told me that you loved me during that party." Dave said with a calm look, his thumb brushing against his cheek.
"Wha-" Karkat questioned himself did he say he loved Dave during that party that ate at him even still. "I'm sorry.. I don't.." he whispered and shook his head.
"I don't believe the lie that you were drunk, not anymore at least. I used to think you weren't lying and that it really was just heat of the moment. But now when I see you look at Jade.. I knew that you were serious about what you said." Dave said, his cheeks grew darker.
Was Dave blushing, at Karkat? Karkat's heart beat faster.
"Dave. I still, you're right. I still have feelings for you. I... I always have." He whispered and let his eyes fall to his lap.
"Karkat, what if I shared those feelings." His face got closer.
Karkat went even more red. "Da-" before he could finish his thought, Dave grabbed onto his chin and pressed his lips against Karkat, pushing his shades up. His eyes shutting before Karkat could catch a good glance at him.
The trolls eyes also closed. Placing his hands on the other.
His heart was melting all that pent up feeling was gone. Dave liked him? Dave Strider loved Karkat Vantas? He could just about cry. So much he felt his eyes tear up as he held onto the kiss the best he could.
But finally Dave pulled away. He sighed and pulled his hands off. "Karkat, we'll have to keep this a secret. If we keep a relationship out of this. Nobody can know. My career could end. And.. poor Jade. I have to stay with her. Will you promise to keep this on the down low?" He asked, his shades were still pushed off his face and his eyes were full of love but they were worried.
"I promise." Karkat said with a smile. He wrapped his arms around his neck. Giving him a peck on the cheek.
"I love you, Dave." He whispered.
"I love you too, Karkles." Dave chuckled. He slipped his shades back on and looked at the watch on his wrists. "Now I've got a show to do, let's go." He hummed and walked out of the door.
Karkat felt complete. Dave really loved him.
He followed him out, his face still a bit red.
He walked to the backstage, watching from where he was, seeing Dave walk on stage and begin cheering for him. He smiled. Things were starting to feel good. But he knew he couldn't show his love unless they were alone. But he was willing to do that, for Dave.

[ Word Count : 1315 ]

A/N : So heres chapter 2. I'm not sure will this will be going if I'm honest. Still a very vague idea. I will probably think about it for a while and then update.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Feb 16, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

She Got The Sk8er Boy | Davekatजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें