6- 👻List👻

"Here. Take this pen and write down the names of people who knew about your fight," Drishti said, passing me the pen and forwarding the diary in front of me.

My annoyed stare was enough to make her realize her stupidity.

"Oops. I keep forgetting that you can't seem to touch anything. No worries. You tell me and I will write down."

She sheepishly pulled back her hand, which she had forwarded to give me pen and even took the diary back to her side.

"Idiot," I muttered and tried to recollect my memories during the fight.

"Umm...my neighbour heard dad yelling at me," I spoke unsurely.

"Ok so neighbour it is," Drishti noted it down.

"Drishti, cancel her name. We weren't on bad terms. She had no motive to kill me," I said as an afterthought.

"Maybe she didn't have any motive but she heard your fight. We can't just rule out anyone just because you feel that way. We don't know who did it and why, so we need to write down their name in this list even if the chances of them being your murderer is 0.01%," Drishti said, putting some sense in my mind.

She was right. Even if there was a slight chance, we cannot ignore it.

"Okay, so we are keeping her in the list. Now who else?" I muttered thoughtfully.

"What about Nisha? I kept pointing out her wrong moves during our dance practice and we got into a verbal fight," I said remembering the huge scene we had created for a small thing.

"You think she would do it?" Drishti asked skeptically with raised eyebrows.

"I am not sure but my fight with Aman happened just outside the dance studio and Nisha was already angry with me. She must have heard us fighting while leaving for home," I replied.

"Ok then Number 2 in our list is Nisha," Drishti muttered to herself while writing down her name.

"Maira, I think we should also write the names of your competitors for the dance competition. They clearly had the motive. Not sure if they caught the wind of your fight but there's a chance," Drishti suggested.

"Hmm. You are right. Along with them, also write the names of their dance coaches," I agreed.

"Who else?" she asked.

"I can't think of anyone else," I shrugged.

Drishti nodded and was about to close the diary but suddenly looked at me with alarm.

"NIYA," She shouted the name in alarm.

"Niya?" I asked curiously.

Drishti looked at me like 'how can you forget' expression.

"The girl you bullied during school times," Drishti explained when she saw that I had no recollection of the name.

I winced hearing her. The word bullied, made me remember everything. I was so stupid back then. I literally made Niya's life hell in school times.

"She clearly has the motive. Actually a strong one. But we haven't met in many years. Why now? And how would she know about the morning fights?" I wondered out loud.

"Do you not remember her address? She lives just across the dance studio," Drishti deadpanned.

"How do you remember all this? Never mind, put a star over her name. She has a strong motive, plus a way to know about our fight," I said.

"Oka....aayyy...," Drishti said, trying to stifle her yawn.

I looked at the Drishti's tired face and the time. It has gotten quite late. I was a ghost but my bestie was still human who required sleep.

"Let's stop for today. We will continue tomorrow "

"Are you sure? We have a lot to do," Drishti asked looking doubtful.

"Yup. Close the diary and go to sleep," I ordered, knowing my bestie won't rest peacefully until we find the murderer if I let her do everything the way she wants.

"Okay okay. No need to order me around. I am sleeping," she said, moving her hands in a surrendering postion.

Shaking my head, I moved away from the bed so she could lie down peacefully.