1- 👻Shock👻

I opened my eyes only to close them again because of the blinding light. Having seen enough movies to know that patient gets blinded with hospital lights after gaining conscious, I wasn't too worried.

This time I would try to open them slowly and everything would be alright. Before I could try, I heard a weeping noise nearby.

Someone was crying. It was best to pretend to be unconscious right now or I was going to be scolded for being so reckless. 'But my parents won't yell too much, right? I mean who would scold a patient who was suffering from a broken body.'

If only I didn't trust that message, I wouldn't have been beaten up. In my defense, I thought it was from my dad or Aman, as the message mentioned the fight that happened in the morning.

'It's okay Maira. You have to open your eyes at one point of time, regardless of the scolding. If I am lucky they might just hug me for waking up and won't bother with the lecture,' I thought and hesitantly opened my eyes again, trying to adjust with the lights.

First thing, I noticed was that instead of the hospital, I was in my bedroom and Aman was sitting at the corner of my bed, having his back to me and was crying profusely.

He was supposed to be on his way to his village but he was here for me. I was seriously blessed to receive such a caring boyfriend. But how did he manage to sneak in my room? My parents would have a heart attack if they saw him here.

"Aman," I called him, still lying on my bed.

He kept on crying, not even bothering to turn around.

"Aman. Look at me. Aman?" I tried calling him few times but he didn't answer.

Gosh! Here I was praising him and look at him. Did he really want me to move when every part of my body was bruised?

Wait! Wait a minute! Why the hell was I not feeling any pain?

I sat up from my position and looked at my hands and legs. There wasn't a single mark.

I was still in the clothes I wore yesterday, which were supposed to be bloodied but they looked clean, not having a speck of blood. Plus my body, why the hell did it look translucent?

I stood up in hurry to move towards the mirror but stopped when I heard Aman.

"I am so sorry, Maira. So so sorry. I feel like it was my words that brought this curse upon you. Maybe if I didn't speak about you dying yesterday, this wouldn't have happened. I can't believe that our last moments were of fighting instead of me telling you how much I love you. Why Maira? Why did you have to die so soon?"

Die? Was he drunk? I was very much alive.

Forgetting about the mirror, I went near him to shake his shoulders and bring him to his senses but what happened afterwards shocked the hell out of me.

My hand went past his shoulder, instead of landing on it. I tried again but every single time, my hands moved past his body.

My room's door opened and my Mom came inside.

"Dear, come outside. They are taking away Maira's body for the last rituals," Mom said hiccupping, wiping away her tears.

"Mom," I whispered but she didn't even turn towards me.

Aman nodded and stood up from my bed. He literally passed through my body to get out of the room, without feeling my presence.

No, no. This couldn't happen. This was just a bad dream. I would wake up and everything would go normal. Ghosts were just myths. This wasn't real. I didn't want to believe this but I had no other choice. Everything was in front of me.

Still wanting to confirm my current predicament, I followed Mom and Aman to the living room and received the greatest shock.

My body was on the floor, covered with a white cloth,except for my face. Relatives, neighbours, everyone had gathered in my home. Standing in a corner, I saw them bidding goodbye to me.

Dad was crying profusely while holding my body, apologizing for his behaviour while Mom was being consoled by other Aunties. Drishti, my bestie was crying her heart out while Aman who was crying inside my room, controlled himself in front of others and stood like a pillar for all of them.

I felt like crying but my eyes were dry. They weren't able to produce water, no matter how much it hurt.

All this wouldn't have happened if I didn't go to that ice cream parlour, trusting that message.

Hoping that my family would catch my murderers, I silently left the house, not having enough strength to witness everyone performing my last rituals.