20- 👻Perfect👻

Niya had every right to be hostile with me but why was she giving a hard time to Drishti? She didn't do anything.

"You know I hate you as much as I hate Maira, maybe even more for not doing anything. For just standing there, instead of helping me or trying to put some sense in your bestfriend's mind," Niya answered the question which was in my mind.

Did she have any superpower? Huh? Here, I, a ghost didn't have any ability and look at this mere human with mind reading capabilities.

Gosh! I am going insane. Maira, just shut up, it was all a coincidence and not any superpower.

"I still feel guilty about that fact. I won't waste your time anymore than this. This was the letter, I found on Maira's desk. It was addressed to you so...," Drishti trailed off while passing the paper.

"Let me read it first. What if it triggers you?" Her mom hastily took the paper from Niya's hand before she could open it.

"Mooom, give back the paper," Niya stood up to take the paper from her mom who hid it behind her back and moved sideways whenever Niya came close to take it.

Getting tired of this, Niya came back to sit on the couch with a huff.

"It's not triggering, is it? If not, please tell my mom to give it back to me. Gosh! No one understands the meaning of privacy," Niya muttered in annoyance.

"I am not sure what might trigger you. Sorry," Drishti apologized sheepishly.

"Argh!" Niya clutched her hairs in frustration.

"Now I am too curious to not read it. If something happens, just put the blame on the girl who brought the letter," saying this Niya snatched the paper from her Mom, who was at ease after Niya had sat down and didn't realize her sudden movements.

"YOU CAN'T JUST SNATCH IT," her mom yelled when the paper was suddenly taken away from her.

Ignoring her mom, Niya unfolded the paper.

I am not sure if you would ever read this but if you do then I really hope that this helps.

I am not writing this letter to ask for forgiveness. I know, I don't deserve it.

This is just me apologizing and hoping that you are somehow okay even after dealing with me and my stupidness.

The only reason I bullied you was not because you didn't have a perfect body but it was because you were perfect in everything else and that was the only thing I could find to torment you.

You were so perfect that my parents constantly praised you, compared me with you. Always told me to become like you. The well behaved person, the one who was loved by everyone be it an elder or a child, the one who got highest grades, the one who didn't spoil their reputation by dancing around.

I took out the hurt my parents caused on you. I was wrong, I know but I didn't realize this fact back then.

If you ever thought you weren't good enough because of me, then please know that you were not good but the best.

Perfect body. What a joke? We humans created the standards. If our ancestors told us that an overweight body was beautiful and thin people were a sore sight then you would be the one with perfect body.

Seriously, it's not important if you are thin or fat unless it affects your health.

As far as I have known you, you are the most beautiful person, I have ever seen. The bullying was the result of my ugly mind and not the shape of your body.

So please try to erase my words from school and live happily and content with yourself because you are perfect, just the way you are.

A lone tear left from Niya's eye and her hold on the paper tightened.

Heaving a deep sigh, she looked at Drishti.

"Thank you for bringing this letter to me. I am not sure if I can forgive Maira or not but still this means a lot.

"I may be presuming it but if you need my forgiveness then please don't keep quiet when you see your loved ones bullying someone next time. Help the bullied, and in return you may also help the bully from regretting everything later in their life."