1

Camilas pov

"Hey, Lauren" I say walking into Lauren's room, Lauren was on her bed listening to music.

"Hi, camila" Lauren said back, I sit next to Lauren on the bed and Lauren finds my hand to hold, I place it into her hand and see a light smile come on she face, Lauren has always liked physical contact.

"How you feeling today?" I ask, she nods

"I'm good, you?" She asked, I nod

"Yeh, I'm good now that I get to see you" I say, she slowly rests her head on my shoulder.

"What have you been doing all day?" I ask, she shrugs

"I finished the book you told to listen too" she said, I smile wide

"Yeh? What did you think about it?" I ask, she nods

"It was good, I found it really interesting" she said, I nod. "I have been thinking about something for a while" Lauren continued.

"Okay, you know you can tell me all of your thoughts" I say, she nods

"Yes I know, I just don't know if this one is stupid of me to think I could do" she said, I frown softly.

"What is it, Lolo? I wouldn't be rude to you about your thoughts" I say, she plays with my fingers on my hand she's still holding.

"I want to go to public school, the special school my mom and dad put me in, I don't like it they treat me weirdly, they're not mean it's just they try to describe everything to me, and I really do not care what the girl sitting across from me is wearing" she said, I chuckle and a smile spread across Lauren's face.

"I don't think the idea of you wanting to go to public school is stupid lauren, you just want to be treated like anyone else" I say, she nods.

"Yes, I hate it when people treat me differently just because I'm blind, I haven't always been blind not my fault I got hit by a car" Lauren said, I frown at the memory of my best friend getting run over.

"No it wasn't" I say, she nods

"How about I talk to your mom and the head teacher at my school to see if you could have a day at my school?" I ask, Lauren's smile grows.

"Yes please!" She said, I smile at her excitement

"Do you want to go downstairs with me?" I ask, she nods I get up still holding her hand and Lauren gets up too, she finds my elbow and I walk us downstairs making sure Lauren's holding onto the railing.

"She's in the living room" I say to Lauren, she nods saying a quick 'okay' and we go that way, I sit Lauren down and then sit next to her, Lauren again taking my hand into hers.

"Mom, I want to go to public school for a day" Lauren said, her moms eyes widen "I just want to see what it would be like, plus in the special school you and dad put me in they treat me differently and I don't like it" Lauren said, her mom nods softly.

"I understand Lauren, but you are in that school because people in public school and be really mean" clara said, Lauren sighed.

"I've met camilas friends and they seem nice, though it's only been a few times but they don't make fun of me, they treat me like a normal person" Lauren said, Carla looks at me.

"Lauren, if you want to meet my friends more you can, just ask. Also not all people are as kind as Normani, Dinah and ally, there are some real jerks in my highschool, we just want to make sure you're sure" I say, Carla nods softly after I look at her to see if that's what she wanted me to say.